Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
There's mayo under the bacon. I'm not a complete savage.

I'm in the @Roadster280 school of thought and burst the yolk all over the sammich to ensure eggy deliciousness in every bite.
Butter, old chap, you need butter on a bacon roll/sarnie.

tiv

LE
May I offer a critique, you are doing it inglese style, same as I used to do, same as lasagna , To me when I was young that would be food from the gods. Now I have an Italiano woman in my life, I have learnt the true ways of cooking. I mentioned and shouted for help on Bresaola , true it always takes time and patience to get stuff right and some top tips.
Using linguine or to be fair any long pasta works well but spaghetti is still the best or if you can get it bucatini which is famously used in Amatriciana.
I will unashamedly pass a link on as the guy is good, I have had no complaint but praise from Nonna so all is well. No Wooden spoon!!!!

Thank-you, I've downloaded the video for future reference.

I've tried several recipes and ended up doing my own thing which SWMBO prefers.

Used to use Spaghetti then read that the done thing was to use Tagliatelle, tried it and prefer it. Also tried Linguine but it's Tagliatelle that floats my boat.

Aphra

War Hero
While I'm definitely in favour of copious slices of butter on a chip or fish finger sarnie, I just don't like it on bacon butties, never have. It's not like I'm calorie counting, that's a giant bap with two massive rashers under the egg!

Edited for mong autocorrect.

So I was going to say, “look at me keeping it real, sausig sarny and a mug of tea for lunch”. Then I remembered they are Chorizo from a smart Brazilian butcher and there is no brown on duty, therefore there is fark all real about it. I need to try harder.View attachment 661914
We won't ask how you know the state of the Brazilian butcher's, errm, hair-styling...

{thread_drift

I've just got back from taking the current mrs_mush away for a few days to a posh spa hotel as a thanks for putting up with me over the past year. Very posh dining - always good for ideas and inspiration, and at breakfast it's got everything. From a full monty that's sourced from Daylesford Organics to kippers, to the usual avo and eggs. Sourdough everywhere and more pastries than you could shake a frenchman at.

Second morning (had the egg bennies first day), waitress comes to take the order. I look up and put on my best pretty pretty please face and say "Can I be cheeky love, could you ask chef if he could knock me up a bacon sandwich, on plain white - not sourdough, plenty of butter and smear of HP?" She says she'll ask.

Five minutes later the perfect bacon butty arrives with all the butter just melting into the whites sliced.

Next day I chanced it again and asked for the full english, hold the beans and could you ask chef if he could do me a fried slice with it.

It was perfect - obviously fried in the bacon fat, even the current mrs_mush who had a bit of it agreed.

thread_drift}

Nothing from me for the next couple of days. I'm enjoying ( Haaaa) the delights of the tasteless crap at BBTC.

Pork shawarma with pesto courgetti and garlic ciabatta.

13 (2).jpg

Well said, them's the rules. as is not busting yolks up, if you have not cooked it to the inch of a witches tit the yolk will automatically spread itself !

agreed, although if you want to control where it spreads itself, then that is easily achieved with a knife, instead of “spray and pray” :)

Is your username related to the missile system? If so, RA, REME or RAF? Might explain the lack of interest in guidance, depending on your answer :)

agreed, although if you want to control where it spreads itself, then that is easily achieved with a knife, instead of “spray and pray” :)

Is your username related to the missile system? If so, RA, REME or RAF? Might explain the lack of interest in guidance, depending on your answer :)
Meeow

Friday, caesar salad day.

20220513_175904_resized.jpg

Latest Threads