Tonight I cooked..........

I was bored, so I made a cake. I don’t often do sweets, but I had 10 lemons to use. 4 of them went in the lemon pound cake and the icing. I’ve had a Bundt pan for a long time, but never actually made a cake with it.

FD75D3F7-0407-47FE-A681-0B503CACA4D1.jpeg

The cake’s soaked the icing up, which surprised me.

415AA82B-9429-41F5-B42D-D4F19109AEE1.jpeg

Spurred on by making the cake, I thought I’d do something else I haven’t done in a long while.. cook directly on a BGE. Coq au vin in process:

D01A5355-82A2-4149-BC07-3190BAB6DB41.jpeg

Currently simmering away. Spuds go in in about 40 minutes.

Tonight's efforts

Chinese themed

L'aperitif, prawn toasts
20211204_171248_resized.jpg

Sweet and sour chicken, salt and pepper squid
20211204_191503_resized.jpg

Chinese Buffalo wings
20211204_192924_resized.jpg

Beef, green peppers and black bean sauce. Crispy chilli pork. Egg fried rice. Singapore prawn noodles.
20211204_195301_resized.jpg

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Been aaaaaaaages since I posted on here with my square plates. I had to change my diet as the high purine combo of lager, steak, tuna, crustaceans and mackerel was f**king my joints :-(

Not strictly speaking "tonight I cooked", since it's brekkie but here it is, The Middle Class Special.

Poached egg, avocado, beef tomato with chilli & lime on olive ciabatta drizzled with basil olive oil and a pinch of rock salt.

IMG_20211205_095121_compress82.jpg

Been aaaaaaaages since I posted on here with my square plates. I had to change my diet as the high purine combo of lager, steak, tuna, crustaceans and mackerel was f**king my joints :-(

Not strictly speaking "tonight I cooked", since it's brekkie but here it is, The Middle Class Special.

Poached egg, avocado, beef tomato with chilli & lime on olive ciabatta drizzled with basil olive oil and a pinch of rock salt.

View attachment 620248

Yup, those purines are a bastard. Been taking five minutes every morning to get my left boot on for the last few weeks, my foot is that swollen. Cut down on pure nyama scoff and going half meat, half veg now and it seems to have settled down a bit.

Becoming a grumpy old fart is not for sissies.

View attachment 620248
E04653B8-63DD-4510-AC23-6CF014F92A98.jpeg

That’s you that is…

clothears

War Hero
I was bored, so I made a cake. I don’t often do sweets, but I had 10 lemons to use. 4 of them went in the lemon pound cake and the icing. I’ve had a Bundt pan for a long time, but never actually made a cake with it.

View attachment 620128

The cake’s soaked the icing up, which surprised me.

View attachment 620127
Your icing is more of a glaze. Did you let the cake cool before icing/glazing? If it a s just icing sugar and lemon juice it was glaze and will soak in. Intensifies the lemon flavour

Latest Threads