Tonight I cooked..........

quilter

War Hero
A lifetime ago I was given Marguerite Patten's Everyday Cookbook as a wedding gift., it proved to be extremely useful combined with all I was taught at school., ( when lessons were called Domestic Science) basics and more, most recommended. :-D:applaud:

A lifetime ago I was given Marguerite Patten's Everyday Cookbook as a wedding gift., it proved to be extremely useful combined with all I was taught at school., ( when lessons were called Domestic Science) basics and more, most recommended. :-D:applaud:
Yep.

The basic go-to recipe book for Mrs TS1 and Mrs TS2 (although No. 2 moved on to Delia's monster "this is how to fry an egg" book).

If making batter I still go to a recipe book/online to look at the proportions for milk, flour and eggs as I seem incapable of remembering them from month to month.

Odd thing really. I can remember every address I lived at since I was three and most of my O Level stuff from fifty years ago but I can't remember my family's birthdays. Not got a clue what my fathers, brothers or sisters birthdays are and I can only remember my mothers because it is the same day as mine.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep.

The basic go-to recipe book for Mrs TS1 and Mrs TS2 (although No. 2 moved on to Delia's monster "this is how to fry an egg" book).

If making batter I still go to a recipe book/online to look at the proportions for milk, flour and eggs as I seem incapable of remembering them from month to month.

Odd thing really. I can remember every address I lived at since I was three and most of my O Level stuff from fifty years ago but I can't remember my family's birthdays. Not got a clue what my fathers, brothers or sisters birthdays are and I can only remember my mothers because it is the same day as mine.
I put them all into the calendar on my phone and get it to send me a reminder email a week before.
Job jobbed.
Today is my ex wifes birthday and I know it'll wind up her new hubby that I've remembered and sent a card :mrgreen:

Today is my ex wifes birthday and I know it'll wind up her new hubby that I've remembered and sent a card :mrgreen:
You deserve a Like, a Funny and an Informative for that

Sausage casserole tonight :-

IMG_20211130_184240~2.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Been a while but tonight I wasn't hungry...

20211130_193530.jpg

So I just had 2 sausage, 2 bacon, 2 lorne, 2 black pudding, 2 eggs, tomatoes and a fried slice (under the toms) and 2 slices of seeded bread.

Prawns with ginger and garlic sauce
20211130_182501_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
We need a a 'Naughty' button....

JB
She spent 13 years living with me and knows my sense of humour, we've remained good friends and keep in touch with regards to the kids and grand kids.
She also knows why I send her a card every year.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chilli - with some spring onions, 1 red one green chilli chopped and two cloves of garlic..... killing a cold.
Served with brown rice and a handful of tortilla chips - cos I like them.

Needs more Cayenne pepper and less Uncle Ben's wishy washiness.

1638315457167.png

Gadget , for those who don't recognise it, is an electric skillet. Happily bubbles away on a low setting while you do something more constructive like admire Noomi Rapace as the definitive Salander.

Unfortunately, I haven't got out of the habit of making enough for five grown ups, so most of it has now gone into the freezer. Still, with a jacket potato under it, makes a fast evening meal when required.

Latest Threads