Tonight I cooked..........

Aphra

Old-Salt
Warmed up rather than cooked from scratch but was very tasty. Steak & ale pie, chips, mushy peas and graaaaavy.

@Northern_Biff can i have my whippet back now, please?

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_1859060_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20211027_1859060_rewind.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 35

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Leftover chili and chips.

20211027_185336.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Ever tried it Yankee Stylee, plain chilli in a bowl with cottage cheese?...

JB
No.I think I eat more than enough cheese as it is :mrgreen:

Tonight, cauliflower cheese with grilled bacon. Last night, liver in a spicy tomato sauce with fried tatties. Burp!

Jerk pork with okra & cherry tomatoes on rice & peas. Hope the bottle of Pussers Rum jerk sauce from Ex CARIBBEAN ENDEAVOUR in 2003 hasn’t gone off ;)

A8114CE7-C8C7-4402-BB39-F51D344C8ABD.jpeg

Oh, & decidedly brown!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Venison faggots wrapped in bacon in onion gravy taken down a peg or two by the addition of chips and peas ….

27889496-5A2A-4C7F-83D7-7F08435C98B9.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
I have often been astounded by your cheesy additions, especially when you obviously have a surfeit of chedder, however the combination of hot (temp) and hot (spicy) chilli with cold cottage cheese works for me...

JB
I'll keep me eyes open for cottage cheese in the bins ^~

Ever tried it Yankee Stylee, plain chilli in a bowl with cottage cheese?...

JB

Interesting you call it “Yankee Stylee”, I’ve never seen chili with cottage cheese in these here parts.

It’s certainly popular on nachos, hot dogs (“chili dog”) and as a plain old bowl of chili, with or without cheese on top, but as I say, not seen it with cottage cheese.

Interesting you call it “Yankee Stylee”, I’ve never seen chili with cottage cheese in these here parts.

It’s certainly popular on nachos, hot dogs (“chili dog”) and as a plain old bowl of chili, with or without cheese on top, but as I say, not seen it with cottage cheese.

Taught to me in Ze Fatherland by a the wife of a 'Maine'ite who had served in southern climes, Texas and Arizona as I recall and definitely South Carolina.

Must admit never had it before, I was used to cookhouse/mess chilli on a bed of rice...

But 25 years later I'm still making it...

JB

Cottage cheese, I can't quite see it myself but it must be in there somewhere

zz-top-tres-hombres-mexican-feast3-copy1.jpg