Tonight I cooked..........

I've got a new recipe that will shake the very foundations of cuisine for ever, can't let you in on it until next week though, all I can say at this stage is it involves fish fingers.

Do they come with wafers?

Try it by adding around 4-5 large garlic cloves, lardons of pancetta and some diced Oyster mushrooms to the cheese sauce, makes it a bit more grown up and better tasting.

Layer of the pasta with cheesy bechamel, sliced tomato on top, thin sliced onion, mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar, salt and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Another layer of pasta and sauce, tomato, onion, cheese and so on until baking dish is full, final layer of tomato, onion, cheese on top, dusting of cayenne and shove into the oven and bake at 180C for an hour or so until it bubbles and you have a cheesy crust with baked tomato and onion under it.

My go to comfort food but it cripples me with gout. Damned cheesy goodness! I both love it and hate it.

I cooked everthing except the hollandaise sauce which came from a jar. Roasted smoked garlic and Dijon mustard crushed new potatoes topped with flaked grilled smoked haddock, with parsnip puree and fine beans.

21 (54).jpg

Had some leftover rice, a bratty, & the end of a bag of prawns. Cookhouse Nasi Goreng it was then:

93A15C74-9C67-4839-A958-AD3202E190C9.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Simple fare of sausage,egg,chips and beans.

20211021_203122.jpg

I like most of the food displayed on here and have a simple scoring system. It gets a like if I would like to sit down to it tonight, and an excellent if I would love to. As you say simple fare but on a wet Thursday night just perfect.
Similar to my scoring, a 'like' if I'd have it anytime, an 'excellent' if I want it right now.

Cottage pie and veg. Made with the leftover beef from last Sunday's roast.

20211022_180036_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
A brace of Ginsters pasties with chips and cheesy beans.

20211022_195545_copy_747x950.jpg

I'll have to stop watching this thread. Mine and the wife's blood sugars are all over the place and we're both type 2. No more bread, pasta, spuds, rice, noodles, cous-cous and worst of all - beer. I was going to shoot myself with the spud gun but I'm not allowed taters.

Latest Threads