Tonight I cooked..........

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There are arguments for not seasoning before cooking, the salt draws out liquid (juices) and the pepper can burn if the pan is hot enough. I have tried all ways and now do not salt before cooking but do use pepper. Certainly do not let the salt stand on the meat for any length of time before cooking.

Indeed, I salt as it's going in the pan

Best I had was Rhodie beef, oiled, salted and splash of Tabasco before going on the grill. Pan should do the trick just as well.

Kirkz

LE
Trim it's horns, wipe it's arse and run it through a warm kitchen.
Perfect.

More al fresco dining this evening, taking advantage of our Indian summer!
Paprika Chicken with pancetta, tomatoes, onions, rice and peas.
5519BBE8-3246-4B76-A20D-A45173588B5C.jpeg
0ECE8DD7-6993-4E3B-AFCE-05CD27018DFB.jpeg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Slime

LE
I recently bought some chutneys I hadn’t tried before, so tonight I knocked up a potato and cauliflower masala and a stack of popadoms to try them out :)
FFF72E24-1309-4506-AA16-E42B69F785EE.jpeg

These are the chutneys. I have to say they were both delicious, and the lime and chilli one was better than I could have hoped for.
I got them in Waitrose, but they are probably sold in lots of shops.

C51D2EFC-F5AB-46E1-9CF5-6C7A3DE29B1C.jpeg

I recently bought some chutneys I hadn’t tried before, so tonight I knocked up a potato and cauliflower masala and a stack of popadoms to try them out :)
View attachment 605171
These are the chutneys. I have to say they were both delicious, and the lime and chilli one was better than I could have hoped for.
I got them in Waitrose, but they are probably sold in lots of shops.

View attachment 605172
Geeta’s stuff is always excellent, plus every 3 months or so they are on offer at Waitrose from 30 to 50% off, which is when I always buy them.

Our neighbour gave us a tray of figs from their tree … we ate as many as we could and I made jam with the remainder …
E5AD278F-0F1E-465F-8A02-BD762F62F0CA.jpeg

A light brunch today, accompanied by our Grandson, who is on some ‘down time’ from his treatment at Southampton Hospital. Great to see him with his appetite back, although his eyes were bigger than his belly! :smile:
@Porkbrain - included Porky White Sausages too! Lovely. Edited to add - that’s my plate, not my Grandson’s!
FCF9A8BB-B141-4DAE-A9D2-77CA352070BF.jpeg

Porky - where do you get those monster butter beans. I love BBs.

(Or are they very small sausages?)
From brindisa.com

They aren't cheap but the Navarrico range are so soft & taste great, bottled pulses are so much better than tinned - and I don't have them often enough to make it worth buying bags of dried pulses, which they also sell.

When Lidl have a 'Spanish' week they often have bottled stuff which is cheap, and while not top notch they are still very good.

Slime

LE
A light brunch today, accompanied by our Grandson, who is on some ‘down time’ from his treatment at Southampton Hospital. Great to see him with his appetite back, although his eyes were bigger than his belly! :smile:
@Porkbrain - included Porky White Sausages too! Lovely. Edited to add - that’s my plate, not my Grandson’s!
View attachment 605300

To me, that is the ‘best medicine’ right there on that plate. :)

Tonight's efforts

Garlic and lemon stuffed chicken, roasties, stuffing, rocket, and garlic, tarragon and lemon aioli.

20210919_180315_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Cheese, onion and mushroom omlette, chips and some tinned tomatoes I needed use up.

20210919_195907.jpg

Aphra

Old-Salt
Pre brown. Just the one sausage. Plus traditional mash, instant veg (frozen, microwaved) and a rather sad Yorkshire pudding, date of making unknown.

Apologies for rubbish photo, taken on Kindle Fire.

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_2006279_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20210919_2006279_rewind.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 20

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210920_171108.jpg

The curry that I had planned for the last meal before starting the journey to Brize has disappeared, as has every tin and jar after a visit from middle Miss F.

Mrs F and tiny miss F are off to a good bye tea at a friend's house.

I am left with the remaining items in the freezer.

View attachment 605553

The curry that I had planned for the last meal before starting the journey to Brize has disappeared, as has every tin and jar after a visit from middle Miss F.

Mrs F and tiny miss F are off to a good bye tea at a friend's house.

I am left with the remaining items in the freezer.

Brize? Does this mean the head Benny has approved your appeal? Or are you just going on the piss in Cartoontown? I very much hope the former!

Latest Threads