D

Deleted 136127

Mmmmmmm. Under way!!

F92A79F4-0DC6-4261-95F7-980343AB703F.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Sausage, frikadelen and chips.

20210917_200955.jpg

Dressed with spicy curry ketchup (it wasn't :roll: ) and fFrench fries sauce.

20210917_201021.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Interesting tip, I'll try that.

Take steaks out of fridge and packaging a few hours before cooking to allow to come to room temperature.

Just before cooking, oil each side and apply salt and pepper.

Hot pan, 3 minutes a side, then turn off heat, leave in pan 1 minute and then serve.

As taught to me by a professional chef in a steak house.

Fool proof.

D

Deleted 136127

Take steaks out of fridge and packaging a few hours before cooking to allow to come to room temperature.

Hot pan, 3 minutes a side, then turn off heat, leave in pan 1 minute and then serve.

Fool proof.

so that was a fillet steak I was on with and it was about an inch and a half thick. Surely 3 minutes isn’t enough for a steak that thick? I like em medium rare

I'd say it's probably a bit too long. Three minutes on a searing hot plate would give you medium rare. Decently rare, a minute a side and a minute resting off the heat, on to a serving plate for another couple of minutes before scoffing.

Slice against the bias and stuff into a fresh Portuguese roll with a splash of tabasco and loads of butter.

Kirkz

LE
so that was a fillet steak I was on with and it was about an inch and a half thick. Surely 3 minutes isn’t enough for a steak that thick? I like em medium rare
It's too long, minute a side is enough then rest it.

Rab_C

LE

Fool proof.
There are arguments for not seasoning before cooking, the salt draws out liquid (juices) and the pepper can burn if the pan is hot enough. I have tried all ways and now do not salt before cooking but do use pepper. Certainly do not let the salt stand on the meat for any length of time before cooking.

Latest Threads