Tonight I cooked..........

Its about cookery! Not Crockery :)
View attachment 592118
View attachment 592119
Nightshoot? :) :)
Let's not forget the cutlery...
resize1627464735787.jpg

Looks lovely. Sure I could google it, but I like you so what's Duvec rice?

I could live off various machinations of rice and stuff if forced to tbh

It’s a Bosnian/Croatian slant on what I suppose would be called a risotto in other countries. Small pieces of carrot, onion, mushroom, bell pepper etc fried until softened, then cooked with rice, garlic, chicken stock and peas.

Although serving in the Balkans had its negative points, I really did like the food. Downtown Sarajevo wasn’t exactly stacked with restaurants, nor could we use them, but what street vendors there were sold good food and valued the income. I used to volunteer for as many trips out as I could, and in the Croatian coastal areas, there was far less war damage and plenty of restaurants.

964ST

LE
In the interests of respecting "plates that have fallen" :( .
Tonights almost easiest cooked meal in the world "Instant spicy noodles, with Pak Choi, mushroom, onion, bell pepper and prawns.
20210728_184108_copy_952x1693.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Steak and chips.

20210728_194756.jpg

As like like my steak quite rare I put something on the plate for it to eat.

20210728_195729.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Frikadelen, chips and some rabbit food that needed using up.

20210729_200442.jpg

Had it with some mixed pickle.

20210729_200534.jpg

964ST

LE
I cannot post the consumption tonight, one it was not cooked and two its against every rule in the British Food Culture (apart from maybe Steak Tartar).

1627590932208.jpeg

“METT”, Raw mince on bread!! I know!

Thats why you had them strange toilets with shelves in Germanland!!

Kirkz

LE
I cannot post the consumption tonight, one it was not cooked and two its against every rule in the British Food Culture (apart from maybe Steak Tartar).

View attachment 592570

There's a thread for that too...
Tonight I didn't cook.

View attachment 592570

You know why it's a local delicacy don't you? No one else is mad enough to eat it.

Dinner tonight was pork fajitas as there was a reduced pack of pork loin steaks. Might actually be a bit better than chicken equivalent. First of several:

piggy.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Simple spaghetti meatballs……
555E452F-B6F0-4E35-94A9-169E3A83EDBF.jpeg

Had a bit of a slow day at work today, so I amused myself in the kitchen this afternoon. Made some bread, photobombed by Mason:

1FCDB501-2D3A-4635-B38C-589B7846DF6B.jpeg

Then decided to make some fairy cakes, something I haven’t made in 40-odd years, since I were a nipper, basically. Obviously it instantly occurred to me that the multi-coloured silicone cups couldn’t possibly be arranged with any kind of pattern to them :)

6A019C2E-3C7F-46AB-96B3-09FA27C129FC.jpeg

After baking them, the lack of rigid arrangement on the cooling rack led me to think they might be considered an instrument of torture in some circles:

50E77F6B-ECA4-47F6-A656-3E360B4C9454.jpeg

They’re cooling now, so I’ll have a think about the icing :)

Kirkz

LE
I know? But I think some peeps have a Huff! And I want the thread to be “fully supported:)

The Bread Rolls were cooked, but I would not claim any personal effort in that process as my missus bought them!
The tonight I didn't cook thread is for stuff you've either eaten out, been cooked by someone else (ie the Mrs) or stuff that doesn't need cooking like salad.