Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Must have been weally weally wuff for you.
It was, plus the now ex Mrs got really p1ssed off when I got home and shook myself dry all over the kitchen.

Kirkz

LE
And there was me thinking it was because you licked your balls just after cocking your leg on the side of the sofa.
That didn't help.

964ST

LE
Yet another Bbq focused meal (yesterday I used a normal wood grill to make Fresh Bratwurst (hand made jobbies not the ones you buy at the fair) but no pics).
Used woman meat ie. No high fat content, but I cunningly marked the ones for me that were "Medium Rare" and still edible with crosses:)
20210725_194127_copy_1676x943.jpg

Oh Bugger!?

Cooked a whole Chicken today, but not for Sunday Roast. Stripped it off the carcass and made a Chicken Caesar Salad with home made croutons and a side of spiralized Courgette (from the allotment). Very nice.
The Chicken carcass is currently bubbling away ready for a Soup tomorrow and the rest will make up some Chicken sandwiches. Winner!
C83A3D85-55E3-46E9-B3E2-8FCD69723EBC.jpeg
2FD4E054-32A4-4D9F-A108-9F6ED73FD0F0.jpeg

Yet another Bbq focused meal (yesterday I used a normal wood grill to make Fresh Bratwurst (hand made jobbies not the ones you buy at the fair) but no pics).
Used woman meat ie. No high fat content, but I cunningly marked the ones for me that were "Medium Rare" and still edible with crosses:)
View attachment 591625
Oh Bugger!?

Excellent looking food, and frankly, those plates are exemplary!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pork fillet. A relatively cheap Sunday meal.

Stuffed with stale corn bread, garden herbs and apricots. Served with two colours of potatoes,
20210725_185500.jpg
20210725_190547.jpg
curly kale, two colours of beans and courgettes grown by me.

With brown of course ;-)

Attachments

• 20210725_190549.jpg
    20210725_190549.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 3
Baked ham, crushed new potatoes, broad beans, hispi cabbage, honey and mustard dressing.
20210725_181350_resized.jpg

Raspberry and passionfruit pavlova
20210725_190858_resized.jpg

964ST

LE
Cooked a whole Chicken today, but not for Sunday Roast. Stripped it off the carcass and made a Chicken Caesar Salad with home made croutons and a side of spiralized Courgette (from the allotment). Very nice.
The Chicken carcass is currently bubbling away ready for a Soup tomorrow and the rest will make up some Chicken sandwiches. Winner!
View attachment 591626View attachment 591627
Roasted Oven Chicken was (and is!) one of my all time favourites, I eat Thighs and Wings and Crispy spicy Piri-Piri Skin, missus devours the Breast portions and the dog (Rest In Garden!) used to get all the removed pickings from the Carcass. Superb (Anyone that has had a Field cooked Chicken Curry from the Gurkhas are thinking WTF! The bits the dog had were the tastiest:))

View attachment 591625
Oh Bugger!?
Oh dear, the plate Police will have your balls for that..tut tut tut...

View attachment 591625
Oh Bugger!?

I am sensing a Plattenvorfall is imminent.

Not to mention the Besteck-Ausbruch.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The end product of my endeavours yesterday with the Chicken carcass.
Chicken and Vegetable Soup, with Orzo and mandatory trimmings!
As always, three good meals out of the bird. Tremendous value.
786A64A4-BC78-42D1-8C1E-AD2D41E014A2.jpeg

Well it was left-overs for dinner. Chicken Rissoto.

I had a Roast Poussin yesterday and saved all the bones and carcase so they were cooked with a carrot, small onion and some soup bouillon powder. This gave about 1/2 litre of very nice stock.

Some left over Chanterelle mushrooms and a shallot were then fried in butter and olive oil, added a shot glass of Arborio rice, gently browned the rice about 10 mins, added 1/2 a glass of white wine, then slowly simmered adding the stock slowly over the next 30minutes until the Rissotto had absorbed almost all the liquid but was still very creamy and left a dry streak in the pan when the wooden spoon was drawn across, just see that in the middle.

Delicious.

624adf93-b3a3-4a82-a9f3-bb94411c24da.jpg

Latest Threads