Tonight I cooked..........

@slipperman - looks very good indeed, and correctly described as crepes, not pancakes.

However, our degenerate associate who used to move in Naval circles seems to have exerted some kind of influence upon my plate-spotting skills. In the breakfast photo, although beautifully centered, as one might expect of one with such an illustrious military career, there are chips in the plate rim at 0100 and 0400.

I would have said “show again plate”, but I see you actually did that with lunch, so well done for putting yourself on show parade.

Sadly, the POOW will have your nuts for woeful centering in the lunch shot. I can only conclude that you’ve been drinking watching the Olympics, so all is forgiven and bollox to @supermatelot :)

2D0C0661-AF47-4CDE-A70F-F217BD124EC8.jpg

In the spirit of the Olympics, I thought I’d do a multinational brunch.

Huevos con Tostadas, with Canadian tomatoes, Norwegian salmon, and Maggi Würze on the toast. All served on the most obnoxious plate in the cupboard.

17633F25-0A60-41F4-8402-BD83EC0AF9E5.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Lady Roadster hath expressed a desire for cheese Fondue for dinner. Or perhaps that ought to be “Madame Roadsteur:)

Anyway, that prompts the need to make baguettes. Fondue in prep:

AF11B45C-9D5A-4C5C-BD01-365AC917CB92.jpeg

D

Deleted 4482

Not tonight, Josephine. A plain old blue polo shirt today.

Though I must confess to a degree of puzzlement as to why “what are you wearing?” comes into your mind :)
Out of concern for your good lady wife who - must be concerned that her husband likes to dress as an Easyjet cabin steward given any chance :)

Looks like one of those magic eye pictures.
I can see a 3D train in it.
Amateur.

It's Donald Duck all day long. Look again at the centre left piece.

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
20210724_174001_resized.jpg

Green bean salad (first from the garden) with breadcrumb
20210724_190449_resized.jpg

Cote de boeuf etc
20210724_193331_resized.jpg

20210724_193633_resized.jpg

20210724_212644_resized.jpg

Atholl brose
20210724_213829_resized.jpg

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
View attachment 591433

Green bean salad (first from the garden) with breadcrumb
View attachment 591434

Cote de boeuf etc
View attachment 591435
View attachment 591436
View attachment 591438

Atholl brose
View attachment 591439

Excellent presentation!

However, although I’ve heard criticism of mobile phones at the table before, a full blown Microshite Surface is something of a novelty. At least you didn’t feed them.

But by far the most damning is the Pope’s new house. Are you a latent Communist? :D

Excellent presentation!

However, although I’ve heard criticism of mobile phones at the table before, a full blown Microshite Surface is something of a novelty. At least you didn’t feed them.

But by far the most damning is the Pope’s new house. Are you a latent Communist? :D
The surface 'Pro' I'll have you note, is feeding the musak to the speakers.

Once a catholic, never again.

The surface 'Pro' I'll have you note, is feeding the musak to the speakers.

Once a catholic, never again.

A most agreeable response!

So I have to know, given the candles, most splendid food, what was the music?

I have in my mind Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin:

Please don’t burst my bubble and tell me it was @supermatelot’s fave, the Rubettes :)

Excellent presentation!

"Pope's new house". Very clever! I'll be using that one. It reminds me of something I heard at work a few years ago when one of our Bundeswehr colleagues was promoted to Stabsfeldwebel. One of the brits congratulated him on his well-deserved elevation to staff field onion.

Duck eggs and bacon on sourdough for breakfast
20210725_100334_resized.jpg

Latest Threads