Tonight I cooked..........

@slipperman - looks very good indeed, and correctly described as crepes, not pancakes.

However, our degenerate associate who used to move in Naval circles seems to have exerted some kind of influence upon my plate-spotting skills. In the breakfast photo, although beautifully centered, as one might expect of one with such an illustrious military career, there are chips in the plate rim at 0100 and 0400.

I would have said “show again plate”, but I see you actually did that with lunch, so well done for putting yourself on show parade.

Sadly, the POOW will have your nuts for woeful centering in the lunch shot. I can only conclude that you’ve been drinking watching the Olympics, so all is forgiven and bollox to @supermatelot :)
Like me, those plates have been around a bit. Funny enough, the woeful attempt at centring the food on the plate at lunchtime was to hide a chip at 12’o’clock! :-D
ETA: @supermatelot is generally pretty fair to my efforts, though I have to admit that sometimes I haven’t a clue what he’s on about!

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Like me, those plates have been around a bit. Funny enough, the woeful attempt at centring the food on the plate at lunchtime was to hide a chip at 12’o’clock! :-D
ETA: @supermatelot is generally pretty fair to my efforts, though I have to admit that sometimes I haven’t a clue what he’s on about!
Neither does he most of the time!

Lunchtime and continuing the Crepes theme - leftover from Breakfast! Crepes with Italian Roast Ham, fried onions and Cornish Gouda Cheese. Very nice.
View attachment 591239

Looks good. Made me feel peckish.

This weeks winner of the much coveted Fusion Dish Of The Week award for it's combination of French, Italian, Cornish/Dutch and British influences.

Well done that man.

@slipperman - looks very good indeed, and correctly described as crepes, not pancakes.

However, our degenerate associate who used to move in Naval circles seems to have exerted some kind of influence upon my plate-spotting skills. In the breakfast photo, although beautifully centered, as one might expect of one with such an illustrious military career, there are chips in the plate rim at 0100 and 0400.

I would have said “show again plate”, but I see you actually did that with lunch, so well done for putting yourself on show parade.

Sadly, the POOW will have your nuts for woeful centering in the lunch shot. I can only conclude that you’ve been drinking watching the Olympics, so all is forgiven and bollox to @supermatelot :)

2D0C0661-AF47-4CDE-A70F-F217BD124EC8.jpg

In the spirit of the Olympics, I thought I’d do a multinational brunch.

Huevos con Tostadas, with Canadian tomatoes, Norwegian salmon, and Maggi Würze on the toast. All served on the most obnoxious plate in the cupboard.

17633F25-0A60-41F4-8402-BD83EC0AF9E5.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Lady Roadster hath expressed a desire for cheese Fondue for dinner. Or perhaps that ought to be “Madame Roadsteur:)

Anyway, that prompts the need to make baguettes. Fondue in prep:

AF11B45C-9D5A-4C5C-BD01-365AC917CB92.jpeg

D

Deleted 4482

Not tonight, Josephine. A plain old blue polo shirt today.

Though I must confess to a degree of puzzlement as to why “what are you wearing?” comes into your mind :)
Out of concern for your good lady wife who - must be concerned that her husband likes to dress as an Easyjet cabin steward given any chance :)

Looks like one of those magic eye pictures.
I can see a 3D train in it.
Amateur.

It's Donald Duck all day long. Look again at the centre left piece.

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
20210724_174001_resized.jpg

Green bean salad (first from the garden) with breadcrumb
20210724_190449_resized.jpg

Cote de boeuf etc
20210724_193331_resized.jpg

20210724_193633_resized.jpg

20210724_212644_resized.jpg

Atholl brose
20210724_213829_resized.jpg

Latest Threads