Tonight I cooked..........

I live alone as I’m not a pleasant guy to live with. An old dog is my contstant companion. I’m poor too. As I don’t have a refrigerator or a microwave oven, and my Belling cooker was made in 1959, I buy a lot of tins. They don’t ‘go off.’
A favourite dish of mine is a tin of meatballs in tomato sauce cooked with a tin of five bean salad. A big dish full that fills me up. A big bag of rice lasts a year or more as a small cupful expands and I open a tin of Sainsbury’s curry - various varieties e.g. beef, chicken, vegetable and korma, tikka masala, madras etc.
I eat a lot of nuts too, but not salted peanuts. Walnuts are my favourites but don’t buy nuts in Holland & Barratt. Supermarkets for nuts. Raw carrots are very cheap and very good for you. I start the day with whole meal or granary toast and Coopers Oxford marmalade. I don’t have milk so my tea and coffee are black. I buy loose tea, not teabags. Also big bags of the cheapest coffee beans in Tesco - a coffee bean is a coffee bean. A grinder I picked up in a charity shop for £1.50. Unused, I don’t think they knew what it was, hand operated, of course. I don’t have a television set. No licence to buy. £159.50? Oh no, that will feed my old dog and me for six months. I have very generous family and friends.
Every Christmas and birthday sees bottles of single malt to refill the decanters on the sideboard. On a cold night as the wind whistles around the chimney pots and the rain beats against the windows (single glazed - my cottage is listed) I pull the old chair up to the fire, sip my scotch and turn the wireless off after the 10 o’clock news, take the dog into the garden for a last pee and then we go upstairs to bed. Old dog sleeps on my bed. Millions of pounds, a big ocean-going yacht moored at San Trop? What ever would I do with that. All the best and I hope I’ve entertained you. I won’t be offended at all if you say I spout crap.

964ST

LE
I live alone as I’m not a pleasant guy to live with. An old dog is my contstant companion. I’m poor too. As I don’t have a refrigerator or a microwave oven, and my Belling cooker was made in 1959, I buy a lot of tins. They don’t ‘go off.’
A favourite dish of mine is a tin of meatballs in tomato sauce cooked with a tin of five bean salad. A big dish full that fills me up. A big bag of rice lasts a year or more as a small cupful expands and I open a tin of Sainsbury’s curry - various varieties e.g. beef, chicken, vegetable and korma, tikka masala, madras etc.
I eat a lot of nuts too, but not salted peanuts. Walnuts are my favourites but don’t buy nuts in Holland & Barratt. Supermarkets for nuts. Raw carrots are very cheap and very good for you. I start the day with whole meal or granary toast and Coopers Oxford marmalade. I don’t have milk so my tea and coffee are black. I buy loose tea, not teabags. Also big bags of the cheapest coffee beans in Tesco - a coffee bean is a coffee bean. A grinder I picked up in a charity shop for £1.50. Unused, I don’t think they knew what it was, hand operated, of course. I don’t have a television set. No licence to buy. £159.50? Oh no, that will feed my old dog and me for six months. I have very generous family and friends.
Every Christmas and birthday sees bottles of single malt to refill the decanters on the sideboard. On a cold night as the wind whistles around the chimney pots and the rain beats against the windows (single glazed - my cottage is listed) I pull the old chair up to the fire, sip my scotch and turn the wireless off after the 10 o’clock news, take the dog into the garden for a last pee and then we go upstairs to bed. Old dog sleeps on my bed. Millions of pounds, a big ocean-going yacht moored at San Trop? What ever would I do with that. All the best and I hope I’ve entertained you. I won’t be offended at all if you say I spout crap.
Do you have medals?

You might be money poor but you seem to have a good settled life.

No idea where you live but are you getting all the help you have paid to receive at your age? (All of 2 years older than me).

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Plenty of free food round the back of supermarkets in the bins.

You are indeed rich. I actually envy you in a way. If I found myself single in the the future I'd be blessed if I had your outlook on life.

Aphra

Old-Salt
Welcome to ARRSE. I'm fairly new myself but have found this particular board a great source of inspiration and humour.

You do sound content with your lot, but if you're merely resigned to living as you do rather than choosing to, and if you're not just a tight git there's lots of help to be had, you've only to ask.

I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if wanted.

Friday night leftovers and stuff from the freezer and elsewhere.

Lasagne and salad
20210723_185125_resized.jpg

New patisserie has opened down the street, so......
20210723_194639_resized.jpg
with the remainder of the last weeks salted caramel miso ice cream.

I didn't read your post to the end (of the first line) but I genuinely wonder why you write in italics?

Latest Threads