Tonight I cooked..........

Lamb Kleftiko. 5 hrs in the oven at 140. Then 1hr on the weber.

555E82F0-56F3-4E2B-A559-69764368AE79.jpeg

Tool

LE
Seeing as Saturday was Sausage Roll Day (no sh1t), I made a Matt Tebbit version of a South African-enspired sausage roll for lunch yesterday. This is what was left over, nice for lunch today.

Basically, 7 parts beef mince, 2 parts fatty pork, 1 part lamb ( all course-ground mince if possible).
Typical seffrican spices - for 1 kg meat, use 2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed, pinch of ground nutmeg, pinch of ground cloves, 1 tsp ground allspice and 2 tbsp malt vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix together, divide into two and shape into a sausage shape and bung in fridge for 1-2 hours. Get two pieces of puff pastry (375g each is what the boxes weigh). Coat each piece of pastry with chutney (use Mrs Balls' for flavour), leaving a gap all around the outside of the pastry.
Place one sausage in the middle of each piece of pastry, and close up. Seal edges. Brush with egg wash and back into the fridge for 20 mins.
Bake for 30-35 mins at 210 C.

We'll not use the allspice next time, as it makes the wors too gamey.

Attachments

• Sausage Roll.jpg
    Sausage Roll.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Kirkz

LE
Balsamic chicken and peppers on pasta with a potato salad side.

20210607_194209.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

964ST

War Hero
Mmmh! Honeycomb. (First attempt, stuck a spoon in while it was still hot so damaged surface).

20210608_201753_copy_1637x920.jpg

Have to wait an hour to cool.

EDIT:- 1 hour later

20210608_212118_copy_1654x930.jpg

WOW, that is sweet! But very light and with a chewy note at the end!
Think I need to make a Dentist appointment:)

Last edited:
Smoked Fish frenzy this evening - qualifying for this thread because I baked a piece of Salmon!
Hot and Cold Smoked Salmon, Smoked Trout and Trout Terrine, with a bit of Salad. Great stuff with a glass of White Wine on a warm evening.
883EDEB0-EC56-4E75-BBCA-8B3619B795F9.jpeg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mmmh! Honeycomb. (First attempt, stuck a spoon in while it was still hot so damaged surface).

View attachment 579900
Have to wait an hour to cool.

EDIT:- 1 hour later

View attachment 579918
WOW, that is sweet! But very light and with a chewy note at the end!
Think I need to make a Dentist appointment:)

Thanks but I make it a rule not to accept home made food stuffs from strangers.

Latest Threads