Tonight I cooked..........

To be honest, the Chicken Thighs were bought today at a local Farm Shop. They ‘inspired’ the dish though. I knew I wanted to make Orzo to go with them, but when I got home, I only had about half of what I needed. So I bulked it out with some Long Grain rice. A bit tricky, as they need different cooking times, but I baked it in the oven at a low temperature - the liquid to soak up the grains was a combination of tinned tomatoes and Chicken stock. So I suppose it is a dish that has evolved, similar to the one from your missus! =)
It turned out well, but have to admit, the Farm Shop stuffed Chicken thighs were a little disappointing, as there was some skin left on and a bit of bone, which I wasn’t expecting, particularly for the price!
We were talking to the farm shop in question about beef and pork sales just before Christmas. Sadly that conversation seems to have gone the way of all things.
The guy who runs it seems a nice bloke, I wish them all the best.

We were talking to the farm shop in question about beef and pork sales just before Christmas. Sadly that conversation seems to have gone the way of all things.
The guy who runs it seems a nice bloke, I wish them all the best.
The FarmShop I’m referring to is the one that opened recently on the A303, near Yeovil. Called Teals.

Lamb with spuds, or as Madhur Jaffrey calls it, Aloo gosht.

DSCN6495.JPG

Mea culpa.
I wasn’t having a pop! Were you referring to the Farm Shop in the village where I live?
Must be time soon for a meet up/catch up?!

Beef biryani - cooked in the Ninja Foodi, first on saute mode-then pressure mode.
Using leftover slow roast beef from Sunday.
I used my pre-mixed spice in a tub that I've long since forgot the exact contents of.
Didnt have any fresh ginger and couldnt be arsed getting any so used a few squirts out of a tube. Used ghee to fry off the onions before adding the spice mix.
Smells delicious but...

Im not even bloody hungry yet!!

2021-05-05 22.26.46.jpg

Also a fitting tribute to the sepia thing that @Kirkz is working through at the moment.

Kirkz

LE
It's a tan stage I'm having.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Had one of those Old El Paso taco kits for scran tonight.

Except I substituted minced beef for very thinly sliced ribeye steak and pimped it a bit.

I marinated the steak in the spice mix, with some extra chilli flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, fresh coriander and....... wait for it....... a splash of orange juice*.

Homemade guacamole, salsa was a mix of what came in the kit with some extra cherry tomatoes, Peppadews and coriander mixed in.

Banging.

54DA8684-9191-49CC-8FD3-5A6126CD5532.jpeg

*Inspired by a Mexican dish called carne asada.

You can buy it in packets in US supermarkets. It’s heavily marinated flank or skirt steak with Mexican spices and orange juice. Some purists actually swear by using Sunny D.

Had one of those Old El Paso taco kits for scran tonight.

Except I substituted minced beef for very thinly sliced ribeye steak and pimped it a bit.

I marinated the steak in the spice mix, with some extra chilli flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, fresh coriander and....... wait for it....... a splash of orange juice*.

Homemade guacamole, salsa was a mix of what came in the kit with some extra cherry tomatoes, Peppadews and coriander mixed in.

Banging.

View attachment 571102
*Inspired by a Mexican dish called carne asada.

You can buy it in packets in US supermarkets. It’s heavily marinated flank or skirt steak with Mexican spices and orange juice. Some purists actually swear by using Sunny D.
If you like Mexican or Tex/Mex Patti Jinnich has got shit loads of good recipes - I always thought wheat tortillas where a US thing...nope...

For entertainment, take a look at Todos Los Tacos, a guy tours Mexico eating tacos is about it.

Last edited:

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I'm partial to a quick and traditional antipasto that includes home made cured beef summer sausage, Kalamata and Spanish olives, peperoncini, mushrooms, goat and cheddar cheeses, and vegetables in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

I took the photo of the food in the bowl, made up a nice plate for this note and had to answer the phone. What is it about phone calls and meals? By the time I got back the plate was gone as was the majority of the antipasto. So, plastic bowl with food...

Attachments

• antipasto.JPG
    antipasto.JPG
    991.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest Threads