Tonight I cooked..........

tiv

LE
As it's Friday I did a Fish Curry with Rice.

Fish Curry.jpg

All this talk in the news of possibly holidays in Cyprus this year, I made stifado to think of holiday food.

PS Couldn't find normal shallots today so banana shallots instead
20210305_184241.jpg

Chicken and bacon served with horseradish mash, roasted carrots with onion and some peas. Picture taken before it was drowned in gravy.

chicken.jpg

Mince and taters
20210305_175748_resized.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Using up some stuff from the fridge. Bit of a salad thing.

20210305_191606.jpg

Followed by chicken, chips and onion rings.

20210305_194336.jpg

I promise, one day I'll get a camera. I have just eaten Pullum Particum or Parthian Chicken from an old Roman recipe. It is about the best thing chooky I've ever eaten (better than KFC). The spatchcocked bird is cooked in red wine, fish sauce, pepper, caraway, finely chopped fresh celery leaves and asafoetida. Laid in a tray and cooked for 45 mins @ 230C. I took out the birds spine and slashed through the flesh and left it the marinade for about 2 hours. The juice reduces and makes an extremely tasty sauce. I ate the stripped flesh in half a baguette with sauce and a salad with mint sauce. Even the burps are bloody lovely. If you want a good ref to do your own, look at Tasting History on YT.

I promise, one day I'll get a camera. I have just eaten Pullum Particum or Parthian Chicken from an old Roman recipe. It is about the best thing chooky I've ever eaten (better than KFC). The spatchcocked bird is cooked in red wine, fish sauce, pepper, caraway, finely chopped fresh celery leaves and asafoetida. Laid in a tray and cooked for 45 mins @ 230C. I took out the birds spine and slashed through the flesh and left it the marinade for about 2 hours. The juice reduces and makes an extremely tasty sauce. I ate the stripped flesh in half a baguette with sauce and a salad with mint sauce. Even the burps are bloody lovely. If you want a good ref to do your own, look at Tasting History on YT.
Does sound good. I love caraway.

I am suffering from lockdown CBA syndrom...(Can't Be Arrsed)
last night , Feck it something mildly vegy, so Cauliflower cheese and a baked spud
well ,Cauli broc and leak in a chese sauce , with mashed baked spud, the cheese sauce was excellent , and a handy tip , when getting it ready for the oven put the cauliflower, broc and leaks into the pot of cheese sauce first and cover it well, then put it into an oven dish , it covers everything really well with the sauce)

anyone done similar but in a cottage pie type of thing ?

ETA , it worked well emptying my colon this morning

Scrambled eggs and roast toms for breakfast
20210306_094738_resized.jpg

7’C here .... so bbq time !
BC6DD2C3-8F0C-4735-8982-B3EAAF49DEB7.jpeg
7C5212FB-B47F-41EC-A0EB-F98F8F7F2573.jpeg
8EF61324-9DB7-462F-AF87-EC4E7C938E98.jpeg

padme

War Hero
On Top mixed salad for tonight, bottom left a simple applecake for dessert, and bottom right the pink stuff is chilli/garlic salt, the greenish stuff is Thai basil/ lemongrass /garlic/chilli salt
IMG_20210306_181641.jpg

Latest Threads