Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don’t forget the pea and mint purée.

The Lochinver butchers had black pudding with mint in it especially for such occasions.

20210223_174859_compress72.jpg

Pudding for the children this evening. Left over Yorkshire pudding from yesterday, with cream and maple syrup.

NSP

LE
Gave a slightly different bread recipe to the usual one a spin. Definitely a better result...

Bread01.jpg

Bread02.jpg

750g bread flour
450ml warm water
12g yeast
60g unsalted butter (softened)
Generous splash of olive oil
Pinch of castor sugar to fuel the yeast.

Get stuck in with floury hands and bind it all together making sure the butter is all worked in evenly, tip out and knead for a couple of minutes, back in the bowl, cover with a tea towel, into the airing cupboard for half an hour, tip out, knead for a couple of minutes, bowl/towel, airing cupboard for half an hour, drop into olive-oiled loaf tin (I used a 500g tin to force the vertical expansion), press down into the corners, slam it in the hotbox for half an hour at 200°C (fan). Job's a good'un.

Last edited:
Finally got dropbox to work.

Behold!

L'aperetif

Photo 23-02-2021, 21 17 47.jpg

Err..thats it.

Un soupcon de L'Aldi lasagne avec frites ala d'airfryer, mit healthy garnish.

I can do posh too. Stitch that @Kirkz :)

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Seafood products with black pudding...

I'm not sure that's actually allowed.

Does it 'work'? A working class 'surf & turf'?

<Hastlily goes to the loft and checks the rulebook...fully prepared to add an adjunct>
S'ok, scallops and Black Pudding go together as much as eggs and bacon, it's a classic set up.

I did give you a like HOWEVER what kind of family leaves Yorkshire pud, have a serious word with the family Humble Tiller.
In defence of my client, it is always a good idea to make an excess of certain things (e.g. mash and greens for bubble and squeak) so that subsequent meals/desserts are catered for.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
In defence of my client, it is always a good idea to make an excess of certain things (e.g. mash and greens for bubble and squeak) so that subsequent meals/desserts are catered for.
But spare Yorkie puds, it's like saying that we had some wine left over!

I make 24 yorkies at a time so I can scoff a load with raspberry vinegar for supper.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Monsieur Brains faggots avec frites au poivre blanc

2021-02-24 17.56.00.jpg
2021-02-24 17.56.00.jpg