Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Twice baked potato with cheese.

20210222_195341_copy_686x695.jpg

Beans and tuna fish.

20210222_195443_copy_699x682.jpg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tonight was supposed to be salmon stir fry but I quickly had to rethink my options and turn it into chicken stir fry.

The salmon looked fine when I got it out the packet but once I’d cooked it, it appeared to go all mushy.

Didn’t look very appetising at all.

TamH70

MIA
Tonight was supposed to be salmon stir fry but I quickly had to rethink my options and turn it into chicken stir fry.

The salmon looked fine when I got it out the packet but once I’d cooked it, it appeared to go all mushy.

Didn’t look very appetising at all.
Thanks for the reminder. I need to defrost my salmon portions for tomorrow night's attempt at my prawny/fishy/veggie/fruity stew-type thing.

Tool

LE
Last night's offering.

Chicken.jpg

Pan-fried chicken breast, Hasselhoff potatoes woth origano, and 3/10 of your 5-a-day (cauliflower, with an onion and red pepper sauce). The frozen broccolli in the freezer turned out to be pre-cooked rice (don't ask...)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was going to be beef stew but came across a fish van when out for a stroll at lunchtime.
20210223_172355.jpg

Scallops and black pudding.

Made a sauce from the leftover butter in the pan and added bread.

20210223_172617.jpg

And the stew was made by Mrs F during the day so now has a day to sit and mature in the fridge

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
20210223_182349_resized.jpg

Lamb chops, potatoes Anna, spicy roast cauliflower and carrots. Gravy.

A nice Beef ragu with Penne Pasta. The sauce was made using left over braised and minced beef.
A9EFADDA-4975-42C0-AC39-54B14F53F889.jpeg
BFD02B03-6FEC-414A-A3D4-B99ED95F513F.jpeg

TamH70

MIA
My previously referred to prawn, salmon, veggies and fruit stew is now currently marinading in my fridge for cooking tomorrow.

I decided not to add a big glug of Chipotle chili sauce to the stew as I have never tried it before and the process of making the stew is enough of an embuggerance without chucking it out because I made it too spicy.

Was going to be beef stew but came across a fish van when out for a stroll at lunchtime.
View attachment 552009

Scallops and black pudding.

Made a sauce from the leftover butter in the pan and added bread.

View attachment 552010

And the stew was made by Mrs F during the day so now has a day to sit and mature in the fridge

Seafood products with black pudding...

I'm not sure that's actually allowed.

Does it 'work'? A working class 'surf & turf'?

<Hastlily goes to the loft and checks the rulebook...fully prepared to add an adjunct>

Kirkz

LE
Chicken and wild mushroom pie, chips and onion rings.

20210223_193402_copy_628x592.jpg

I've had scallops with black pudding in my favourite Isle of Wight restaurant. The tastes complement each other well.
Hmmm...

I might have to try this combination. Always keen to learn.

Tonight I'm having...Lidl lasagne and oven chips cooked in the air fryer thingy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seafood products with black pudding...

I'm not sure that's actually allowed.

Does it 'work'? A working class 'surf & turf'?

<Hastlily goes to the loft and checks the rulebook...fully prepared to add an adjunct>

Black pudding and scallops are a common combination