Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
It would have been an absolute swine if you had all that cheese and you were lactose-intolerant.

Good job you aren't, eh?
If it wasn't already obvious I fecking love cheese.

Cheers bloke. Love the stuff but have to neck voltaren like smarties if I have a pizza or a toastie, just to avoid full on raspberry crawling to the bog for a piss behaviour.

TamH70

MIA
Cheers bloke. Love the stuff but have to neck voltaren like smarties if I have a pizza or a toastie, just to avoid full on raspberry crawling to the bog for a piss behaviour.

Been there, done that. I had food poisoning due to a bad chicken and black bean sauce from ASDA (I think), and that kicked off a bonus buy of this bastard:

What is sarcoidosis? | British Lung Foundation (blf.org.uk)

Long story but the pain was so bad not only was I crawling to the bog, I ended up not eating enough to the point I lost three stone in weight the hard way and it took ages to get diagnosed.

Did something similar scoffing dodgy mushrooms picked while pissed.

Spent three days curled up on the bathroom floor within reach of the bog.

Used one of these....
74E875DF-F024-436F-A68F-CAD0AA94B1C1.jpeg

Bought in Aldi ages ago. Use by date was a month ago. And they had a long shelf-life before that.
You get six chapattis and two sachets. One for the tikka, one is mango chutney.
Found two frozen breaded chicken things in the freezer. Cooked them in the oven, pan fried some onion and peppers. Chopped up chicken, mixed into onion stuff with the tikka. Heat through, blast chapattis in microwave and serve.
Really filling* and very tasty.
Not sure I’ve seen them in Aldi since, but would buy again.

*I hedged my bets and ate some baked Camembert an hour before. That was only ten days older then BBF date.

ETA: picture came out a bit dark. You get the idea.
If I am taken in the night after eating all this outdated scran, I’m a size ten.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Black Bun baked. I don't think the pastry should have cracked.

It's cooling now, and we will test it later.
20210123_180134_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Black bun eaten (one slice, shared with a tot after dog walking). Very nice indeed.
20210123_214416_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A cake pie. Now there's fusion cooking. Tune in next week for the soup sandwich.
I am surprised, it being a Scottish dish, that I didn't have to coat it in batter and deep fry it!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I am sure someone has tried it. Anyone that would deep fry pizza has already crossed some sort of moral boundary and is beyond redemption.

And if you dip in batter before frying it then becomes a pizza crunchie.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Black Bun was my Dad’s favourite. He used to say it was from the Middle Ages. Deep frying? All that boiling fat was to keep the English at bay
It's only the second time I have made it. I can see that it would be good in hungry times, very filling.

Did we have much dried fruit back then? Would it have been for the wealthy only?

Latest Threads