Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Must be because it's January but I've also got some slow cooker/crock pot action on the go. Bunged in some potatoes, onions, chicken, stock, a **** ton of black pepper and a huge amount of garlic.

No idea what it'll taste like but the house smells amazing.

Well fvck my old boots, I have cracked the motherfvckers. Yorkshire puddings. Fvcking bette noire of my culinary repertoire. Done. Mastered. The cvnts :)

3A94D687-BDDB-4437-ABCA-BB9DDB54BFC7.jpeg

9FD1530C-E193-4D94-B4E1-6C4C24E1E059.jpeg

They went very nicely with BGE rotisserie beef:

F56ABBDE-A803-413B-B67E-823C63E694C1.jpeg

On the plate, with ham-assisted Boulanger potatoes, mozzarella asparagus, peas and gravy:

05B8F4AC-E110-428B-B594-28298B0F9BC4.jpeg

Happy boy here!

Kirkz

LE
Bad form I know.....

Bearing in mind the short time you have to cook scrambled eggs, how do you get the cheese to melting point in that short span? Is it added at the same time as the whisked eggs or do you somehow pre-melt it then add the eggs? Or... some other cunning method?
Practice.

Kirkz

LE
Put the lamb tagine thingy back on for later tonight, will chuck some mushrooms in just before serving.

20210120_171433_copy_745x627.jpg

Spent the rest of today (I'm off it's me berfdeh) making flan things in an effort to get through the cheese.

20210120_171336_copy_745x665.jpg

1 cheese, onion, mushroom and bacon, 1 cheese,onion and bacon, 1cheese, onion and mushroom, 1 cheese and onion.
500g cheese in each and 1Kg grated and frozen for later use.
Still got about 3Kg in the fridge.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Put the lamb tagine thingy back on for later tonight, will chuck some mushrooms in just before serving.

View attachment 541257

Spent the rest of today (I'm off it's me berfdeh) making flan things in an effort to get through the cheese.

View attachment 541258

1 cheese, onion, mushroom and bacon, 1 cheese,onion and bacon, 1cheese, onion and mushroom, 1 cheese and onion.
Happy Birthday. Have you got any candles to stick in the flans?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 541257

View attachment 541258

Many happy returns.
Cheesecake with candles?

Excellent! (What have you done to those peas?)

Thank you. I was very pleased indeed with the Yorkshires. I just had a bit more milk & flour than previously, and blitzed the batter a good deal. One of the gang said previously that they were a bit "eggy", hence the additional milk & flour. Someone said, very helpfully, a third each of eggs, milk, flour, which I've not got more like 30% eggs, 35% each milk & flour. We'll see if that's repeatable next time.

On the peas front, I just tipped the contents of the can into a small pan and reheated them for a couple minutes. So nothing, really.

Kirkz

LE
Happy Birthday. Have you got any candles to stick in the flans?
I don't think there are any candles in my house.
Never liked them as they are a fire hazard.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you. I was very pleased indeed with the Yorkshires. I just had a bit more milk & flour than previously, and blitzed the batter a good deal. One of the gang said previously that they were a bit "eggy", hence the additional milk & flour. Someone said, very helpfully, a third each of eggs, milk, flour, which I've not got more like 30% eggs, 35% each milk & flour. We'll see if that's repeatable next time.

On the peas front, I just tipped the contents of the can into a small pan and reheated them for a couple minutes. So nothing, really.
A can of peas?8O8O8O8O

So 'nothing, really'?

Nothing except a culinary crime against humanity!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm buggered if I'm going to sit there shelling fresh peas. The alternative to canned would be frozen. Well if we're going to be using preserved peas at all, then frozen is just a better class of dogshit to tread in.
Surely in your part of the world you have enough space for a small field of peas? :wink:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Leftover beef, presented in Yorkshires, with cabbage, carrots roasted in butter and fennel seeds, and Gravy.
The gravy contains Guiness (leftover from the night we had no sleep, and elderberry vinegar from Mrs @Humble Tiller )
20210120_175852_resized.jpg

Doing a roast some time before Christmas I somehow totally forgot to put any eggs in at all. What I got was a pan of individual hockey pucks.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Obvs the reason you had no sleep is because you had leftover Guinness...
If only. It was more to do with childbirth problems the dog was having, and a certain person's inability to stay awake for more than 36 hours....

Latest Threads