Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Who are you and what have you done with supermatelot? He would never let such a flagrant breach of the rules slide.
@Roadster280 Request a plateage version of the grammar nazi meme please. You have form for being good at those :)

Kirkz

LE
Edited to change to Tokyo Joes near railway station. My memory is fading. I have carried ouit a few descerations there in the distant past :)
Tokyo Joe's or Bangkok Bills as we called it is what was clouds.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
How did it go in the end
Tasted nice but looked awful and the meat was quite fatty.

We had the leftovers with chips as a scratch tea tonight (see dog owners' thread) and hubby left most of his. Disappointing really.

Yes-I did notice the two on the right are overhanging acceptable plate boundaries, and require dressing to the left. I did not raise it at the time as there was a more pressing issue to deal with.

The mixing of mayo / coleslaw with gravy by others on here.

You will be fully dealt with in due course.

You ought to hang for this you know.

Fuck off Adolph.

Up at sparrows fart today and managed to poor water on my wheatabix instead of milk. The water does not add anything to the recipe. What an absolute mong!!
Nowt wrong wi that, when I were a lad we ad chopped up hay(cos it luked same as weetabix)wi water teemed on it, appen warm water if'n we were lucky.

Ive mentioned several times before- 'The curry secret' is an excellent book, also available on Kindle, on how to recreate various "Indian" reataurant dishes. There is a section on breads also.

It and the follow-up are available FOC here:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
IIRC, they had master butchers and master bakers, as well as stuff like mobile showers,
blacksmiths and all sorts of good gubbins, I know there was a bakery in BAOR, one in Cyprus.

Not sure if they still have the capability nowadays, I certainly remember someone bemoaning the fact that we couldn't butcher stock in the field, RAOC used to supply ACC with stuff to burn/spoil before the dished it out to the troops...

Apologies to @Joker62 he may know more...

JB
RAOC were in charge of the whole carcasses of Beef, Lamb and Pork, we, ACC, got the chopped up bits which we chopped up some more, unless it was Chuck'n'fuck (Chuck and Blade to most people) which came in huge great frozen squarish blocks which got band sawed into 1" cubes for stews, curries, whatever else we decided to concoct.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I post this scoff with a certain degree of embarrassment.

I didn't fancy a roast last evening and decided on a cottage pie. So I cooked the meat, onions etc for the filling.

Then I got a hankering for dumpflings and decided to put it in the oven mit der knodel. To be served with parrots and keys plus roast spudtaters.

Then I got stuck into the Pinot Noir and John Cooper Clarke's autobiography. After ten chapters and one bottle I couldn't be arrsed peeling spuds or making dumplings.

So I just had the mince with boiled spuds and veg.
IMG_3137.JPG

Kirkz

LE
I post this scoff with a certain degree of embarrassment.

I didn't fancy a roast last evening and decided on a cottage pie. So I cooked the meat, onions etc for the filling.

Then I got a hankering for dumpflings and decided to put it in the oven mit der knodel. To be served with parrots and keys plus roast spudtaters.

Then I got stuck into the Pinot Noir and John Cooper Clarke's autobiography. After ten chapters and one bottle I couldn't be arrsed peeling spuds or making dumplings.

So I just had the mince with boiled spuds and veg.
View attachment 540504
Or deconstructed all in stew as I'd call it.

Kirkz

LE
BBC dinner*

20210118_140657_copy_756x682.jpg

*A repeat from yesterday.

Kirkz

LE
except for viewers in Scotland

just how much cheese do you have left ?
I got 9 Kg and I've given a couple of Kg to friends/neighbours.
Still got about 6 Kg left.
Spent today chopping up the sack of onions I got from the bins to freeze , did 10 bags and about 10 medium onions left for use over next few days.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to make some flans to freeze which should use up another couple of Kgs

Kirkz

LE
Spag bol.

20210118_210514.jpg

Didn't bother with cheese.

Nah, that's a lie...

20210118_210500.jpg

Latest Threads