Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cheese, tomato and red onion quesadillas.

wONl4n2.jpg

True, I should have remembered that, considering the recycling of white Shar of Iran era Rolos and Yorkies into Rat Packs...

Not to mention RAOC bread in BAOR, mit random days printed on the wrapper...:eek:

JB

I just about remember RAOC bread from being in the TA in the 80s, visiting BAOR. That old wax paper wrapping with the day in a different colour.

Did the RAOC have a baker trade, or was it ACC, or all LECs? Seems like the RAOC would be stepping on the ACC if they did. Post WW2, were there RAOC bakeries other than Germany?

Kirkz

LE
Steak and ale pie, chips and veg.

20210117_195800_copy_647x650.jpg

Pie was from a shop called Oops! Very nice it was too.
No cheese was involved in the cooking or eating of this meal.

I just about remember RAOC bread from being in the TA in the 80s, visiting BAOR. That old wax paper wrapping with the day in a different colour.

Did the RAOC have a baker trade, or was it ACC, or all LECs? Seems like the RAOC would be stepping on the ACC if they did. Post WW2, were there RAOC bakeries other than Germany?

IIRC, they had master butchers and master bakers, as well as stuff like mobile showers,
blacksmiths and all sorts of good gubbins, I know there was a bakery in BAOR, one in Cyprus.

Not sure if they still have the capability nowadays, I certainly remember someone bemoaning the fact that we couldn't butcher stock in the field, RAOC used to supply ACC with stuff to burn/spoil before the dished it out to the troops...

Apologies to @Joker62 he may know more...

JB

All prepped
20210117_155833_resized.jpg

dîner au lit: chicken, stuffing, cauliflower cheese, potatoes
20210117_180645_resized.jpg

Did the RAOC have a baker trade, or was it ACC, or all LECs?

As an aside, I recall that in Munster, 1985ish, a lot of the LECs were actually DPs still employed by the British Army, and accommodated in Barracks, iirc ?Lincoln Bks, next to Edinburgh School.

We (1GG) had to do site guard as Lincoln Bks was full of war stock as well as DPs. (The cellars may have been a real treasure trove, I may have been told)...

JB

Kirkz

LE
Not this time, I was going to freeze the leftover portion but decided to scoff it instead.
They made some nice easy flat breads on Sunday Brunch this morning.
Might have a go at them myself nect time I have a curry.

All prepped
View attachment 540341

dîner au lit: chicken, stuffing, cauliflower cheese, potatoes
View attachment 540345
First picture is probably a fair decent aproximation of what Jarrod will look like at his autopsy.

@Kirkz - we need to have serious words about the mixing of mayo with gravy.
The two should never share the same plate.

Its a bit like Jewish kosher rules...but different.