Tonight I cooked..........

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Jorrocks, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Three frozen bratties and two fircadellen (sic?) with a large portion of mustard and mayo. No veg or carbs.
    Been farting like a Alvis Stalwart for the last two hours.

2. Nah, if you want beef with a cream sauce then it needs to be strips of fillet with julienne of peppers (no green), paris brown mushrooms and sliced onion.
    Flambe'd with a good brandy (use cheap booze and it will taste cheap) and then finish with double cream and paprika. Season very carefully with salt but no pepper. If you are bold let the cream go sour before you use it but thats not to everyones taste

If you are into fish, try dover sole gently grilled and topped with a sauce of mussels and prawns, flambe'd in Pernod and reduced cream.
    You have to be quick with the sauce or you will massively overcook the mussels and prawns
    Serve with rice.

3. With all of the Sunday roast leftovers, Monday is going to be a Bubble and Squeak day to use up the Veg

I am going to put the Sunday roast meat ( still on the bone ) with the chopped up spuds and what-not into a slow cook stew with a couple of fresh basil leaves ( morrisons do fresh basil plants now )

Nothing posh....just a big bowl of stew with a slab of bread and butter to scoop all the juice up with.

4. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Cheese and worcester sauce on toast - The highlife I know :D
    was washed down with a very good bottle of red wine though

5. you are SUCH a tart :mrgreen:

6. Ahh, but the peppers work nicely with the paprika.....

7. Green peppers are the ruin of good food but red or orange ones can work very well.

8. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Tonight I cooked, bugger all. Me, the missus, my mate, and his wife, got to the pub at about five, had 3 courses, (Scalops, prawns, lamb, steak, cheese, brownies & icecream, etc. loads of drinks, and have just got a cab home. Not too tipsy, and ready for bed. A perfect Sunday.

9. A vegetable curry with loads of ingredients and fresh corriander - the result was bland, didn´t taste of anything and looked like baby puke. I could only rescue it with a generous squirt of Encona chilli sauce. Only two days left of cooking for my veggie sister in law!

10. CountryGal

My very first egg banjo, and even though i was apparantly taught by "the master", my own one was absolutely delicious :D

11. fray bentos, chick and mush pie, :nod:

12. CountryGal

Down south :D

13. This:

Attached Files:

14. We have Egg Banjos down south and have done for yonks!

15. CountryGal

No buggers ever cooked one for me before ;o(