Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not cooked, but an accusation of cooking. Mr. GRB wandered by as I was making up jellies for tonight's dessert. He observed 'Jelly and fish? I shouldn't have let you watch Vicar of Dibley this week.'

Fish is defrosting for tomorrow, and will not be served with Branston pickle!
20201203_183656_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Sabretooth

War Hero
Chopped Onions, Mushrooms and Stewing Steak cooked in home made Beef Gravy in a slow cooker... Will be ready in an hour or two, and will be served over Mash with a side of French Beans.. Followed by Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream....

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Neck of lamb stew with the usual veg, no dumplings for me, watching the waste line.
This was very very nice on a cold winters evening.

AB9228B8-473D-4F60-A8DA-3B3EFB2004AD.jpeg

Neck of lamb stew with the usual veg, no dumplings for me, watching the waste line.
This was very very nice on a cold winters evening.

View attachment 525902
That is indeed a quite fine "splat" of food.
Is there some plate sharing syndicate going on here though?

This fashion of shite written upon the edges of plates appears to be burgeoning. @Ravers is guity, so is @Grownup_Rafbrat
Where's the knife? Wtf is going on with the spoon?

Sort your shit out lofty ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

This fashion of shite written upon the edges of plates appears to be burgeoning. @Ravers is guity, so is @Grownup_Rafbrat

Let me address these points.

The dishes with the writing on are at least twenty years old and were introduced into this country so us British heathens could learn about the delicacy that is known as pasta which in years gone by was only known to come out of a tin covered in some sought of generic tomato sauce that Heinz made and was known as Heinz Spaghetti, this also came in something called hoops, but you won’t find “Hoops“ written on the side of my dish.

The spoon? Well a chap must get every bit of gravy he can, and it’s easier than a fork.:-D

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Sometimes, my lovely, when two households merge, perfectly serviceable items of a pattern that isn't to ones taste become part of the kitchen equipment. It would be a shame not to use them, despite their ugliness.

Let me address these points.

The dishes with the writing on are at least twenty years old and were introduced into this country so us British heathens could learn about the delicacy that is known as pasta which in years gone by was only known to come out of a tin covered in some sought of generic tomato sauce that Heinz made and was known as Heinz Spaghetti, this also came in something called hoops, but you won’t find “Hoops“ written on the side of my dish.

The spoon? Well a chap must get every bit of gravy he can, and it’s easier than a fork.:-D
Standby Lofty! ;)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Did you fry those eggs in a blender?
It's weird, I can fry 4 eggs for us both, but one always ends up broken.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

What's your poroblem, if the lamb is cooked properly (and it looks as if it is), a spoon and fork are all you need to break the meat away from the bone, also everything else is edible by spoon.