Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

is it me or do those plates look famillier
Army Accommodation Stores Unit surplus from BAOR many years ago. Bought a job lot of them for a few DM and still going strong!

Excellente presentation there...padawan.

Interogative recipe for 'loaded caulli cheese -K-

Parboil cauliflower florets and part-cook bacon pieces. Chop some green onions.

Cheese sauce: Roux > milk > grated cheese of choice, bit of crushed garlic and black pepper.

Place drained cauliflower in oven proof dish, cover with cheese sauce, add 3/4 of the bacon and green onions. Smoosh round dish ensuring all is covered and evenly distributed. Add remaining bacon and green onion on top. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese.

Bake for 30 mins in a preheated oven at 350F (fan). May want to increase temp to 400ish for the last 5 minutes to brown off a bit, if it hasn't already.

Edited to add quantities:

Enough cauliflower to fill your dish, enough cheese sauce to go over it, and enough bacon and onions not to look too thin or thickly distributed. This amounts to "wing it" :)

tiv

LE
Chicken and Bacon Casserole

Chicken and Bacon.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Brown checklist:-
Sausages - check
Fried mash - check
Onion gravy - check
A Rhapsody in Brown!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Brown checklist:-
Sausages - check
Fried mash - check
Onion gravy - check
A Rhapsody in Brown!

Too many sausages!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Too many sausages!
One can never have enough sausages, the same as you can never have enough bacon. (See tomorrow's breakfast/brunch post )

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
One can never have enough sausages, the same as you can never have enough bacon. (See tomorrow's breakfast/brunch post )

You have forgotten your training then :)

NHS chefs are of course in another league. They uphold the strictest quality control of all, nothing, I mean nothing will ever leave their kitchen in an edible condition. Even an apple.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Grownup_Rafbrat, brunch as promised with bacon and sausage aplenty, the round potato things aren't hash browns though, they're Latkas, a Jewish recipe with potato and onion, far tastier than HBs.

Kirkz

LE
@Grownup_Rafbrat, brunch as promised with bacon and sausage aplenty, the round potato things aren't hash browns though, they're Latkas, a Jewish recipe with potato and onion, far tastier than HBs.

Did you fry those eggs in a blender?