Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

What is this sputnik oven of which you speak? It would appear to have the interweb baffled....

JB

Edit for fecking autoshite...
I'm sure Colin will fill you in, so to speak, when next on line.

If you are searching for 'Sputnik oven' then the whole Internet will implode, try searching for Remoska.

Colin's looks like an original Czech version rather than the overpriced stuff sold by places like Lakeland, (though they do have £60 off for POC Friday as it is now known), and are very popular with caravan & motorhome owners due to the low, 400W ish, power consumption, mainly, I believe, due to the utter uselessness of the standard fit gas ovens.

I'm sure Colin will fill you in, so to speak, when next on line.

If you are searching for 'Sputnik oven' then the whole Internet will implode, try searching for Remoska.

Colin's looks like an original Czech version rather than the overpriced stuff sold by places like Lakeland, (though they do have £60 off for POC Friday as it is now known), and are very popular with caravan & motorhome owners due to the low, 400W ish, power consumption, mainly, I believe, due to the utter uselessness of the standard fit gas ovens.
Thanks Porkbrain ... you’re right - it’s an original Czech Remoska about 35 years or so old, we call it the ‘Sputnik’ ... the modern ones aren’t a patch on the originals but the modern ones are non-stick and considerably safer ... I daren’t show the electrical side of ‘Sputnik’ - it’s as dodgy as a very dodgy electrical thing with a rich variety of exposed conductors...

Beef Casserole with Colcannon and Greens.
885FA9F5-91AE-4033-BAAC-8A7BFBD3AD69.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That does contain serious potential. :)
This is the result. Gravy added later. Drunk with what Mr. GRB purchased when I sent him to the shop for salad...
20201129_182239_resized.jpg
20201129_182232_resized.jpg

Some soups for Ron: Parsnip, apple and potato, Celeriac and blue cheese
20201129_170457_resized.jpg

Tonight's efforts;
Seafood risotto
20201129_174933_resized.jpg

Roasted pineapple, coconut ice cream, lime and rum syrup
20201129_191228_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Been a slow day and I couldn't be bothered to prep anything after an impromptu nap. Oven chips, served with salt, vinegar and brown sauce. They're Lidl's fancy version, nice crunchy outer and soft potato in the middle and were less anaemic than the picture suggests.

chips.jpg

That is an excellent idea, I haven't had a chip butty in years. Not that it matters as the bread ran out yesterday with a sausage sarnie for breakfast.
Carb heavy weekend?:cool:
Always keep a few slices of bread in the freezer for the emergency/inevitably that is the craving for a chip sarnie. Truly the food of the gods.
(the curry sandwich might also have a claim, but that’s another discussion)

That is an excellent idea, I haven't had a chip butty in years. Not that it matters as the bread ran out yesterday with a sausage sarnie for breakfast.

Are you single?

If I were, I'd just get a shed load of eggs and ramen noodles from either the local Asian supermarket or B&Ms (they do some decent ones).

Just poach two-or-three eggs, put them into a bowl, then use the same water to cook the noodles and pour the noodles and the ramen all over the eggs. Some crispy chilli sauce and soy sauce to taste.

In under ten minutes and one pan you've got dinner. It probably costs under a quid.

Add some chopped green stuff if you want veg.

Are you single?

If I were, I'd just get a shed load of eggs and ramen noodles from either the local Asian supermarket or B&Ms (they do some decent ones).

Just poach two-or-three eggs, put them into a bowl, then use the same water to cook the noodles and pour the noodles and the ramen all over the eggs. Some crispy chilli sauce and soy sauce to taste.

In under ten minutes and one pan you've got dinner. It probably costs under a quid.

Add some chopped green stuff if you want veg.
Nice idea but I can't stand eggs. Or sweetcorn which is a bit annoying when Kirkz posts stuff that looks great until I spot Satan's dingleberries hiding somewhere.

I'll stick with meat, veg and gravy.

Nice idea but I can't stand eggs. Or sweetcorn which is a bit annoying when Kirkz posts stuff that looks great until I spot Satan's dingleberries hiding somewhere.

Quite agree, I hate it when @Kirkz posts photos of his dingleberries, it shouldn't be allowed on a family friendly w....... oh, bugger.

Indeed, young man, I have a bone to pick with you.

I like eggs. Boiled, scrambled, fried, poached, ingredient in other stuff, I like them.

Then you go and describe them as “chicken periods”. I can’t argue, that‘s what they are, in effect. But it’s fvcking revolting to think of them in such terms. You fvcking minger :)