Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

A fookin mahoosive 900g T-bone steak and triple cooked chips.

The stuff in the corner is blue cheese and mushroom sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just look at that stack of chips! Magnificent- pure art!.

Knives are facing outboard though- as opposed to inboard.

Make whole meal again and show again with cutlery in correct position.

Otherwise- pure class :)

A fookin mahoosive 900g T-bone steak and triple cooked chips.

The stuff in the corner is blue cheese and mushroom sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bin the vegetable rubbish and you can get a decently large steak on there.

I now have half a dozen pork loin medallions. Any ideas on what to do with them other than treating them like chops?

I reckon pork fajitas might work well and I'm going to have a go at making a schnitzel. Any pork stew suggestions? @Porkbrain's mushroom stroganoff led to a link for pork stroganoff that I might give a go.

Beat with meat hammer till flat, brine with a drop of liquid smoke for a day or three, on the grill for a couple of minutes a side with a good smear of peri peri sauce, fresh Portuguese roll with mayo and more peri peri and scoff while hot.

Pork pregos, food of the gods.

@slipperman I think this deserves some explanation.
It's quite evident that you can easily 'hold your own' on this thread- which begs the question...

Why are you walting as @mush_dad ?

:)
To explain to you and @old_n_fat the twice buttered toast reference was taking the piss out of the Goddess that is Nigella Lawson, who featured that ‘recipe’ in her recent TV series.
According to her, toast tastes better if you slap some butter on it as soon as it emerges from the toaster, which then melts into the toast, followed by another portion of butter after it has cooled down, which remains in view on top of the toast. A sprinkling of sea salt flakes completes the dish, before it is served with due reverence to the grateful recipient. I was in awe! :smile:

ETA. I would never try and Walt as @mush_dad - I know my limits!

Last edited:
Father_mush used to butter toast twice, but only if was the end crust. He'd butter it once, then cross hatch it to make sure the butter soaked in, then butter it again, before adding jam.

I think it was only the fact that it was always marg rather than proper butter that allowed him to live into his 70s and die of dementia and cancer rather than a heart attack in his 50s

Anyway, today's breakfast: bacon & egg roll
20201129_103054_resized.jpg

Niamac

GCM
Don't let them take your temperature
on your forehead as you enter the supermarket
because it erases your memory.
I went for macaroni and cheese

and came home with two cases of lager

Don't let them take your temperature
on your forehead as you enter the supermarket
because it erases your memory.
I went for macaroni and cheese

and came home with two cases of lager
I can better that. Went to Halfords for a new brake light bulb, took their offer of a Winter Safety check and ended up forking out north of £200 for 2 new front tyres and wheel alignment!
Granted, nothing to do with temperature checks, but a start to the Christmas month I wasn’t expecting!

Big Green Egg rotisserie beef for dinner last night. Sone Thanksgiving leftover twice-baked potatoes, green bean casserole. Asparagus and stuffing. Freshly made Yorkshires, Marmite roasties and peas. Gravy and a dab of mint sauce.

We happen to have an English house guest at present, one of the kids’ uni friends. She is from Chester, but studied in Macon, GA. We finish the meal, and she asks “anyone want any more?”; on receiving the all-clear, she then proceeded to devour the remaining roasties and Yorkshires :)

2208F083-A6EE-4371-B596-4E07B8F07FFC.jpeg

6FFAE6C9-306A-475F-B024-561E3B060EB4.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well strictly speaking I am cooking this during the afternoon for consumption tonight, but I pray your forgiveness.

Brisket of beef, roasted on a trivet of onion, parsnip and carrot. Using dripping from @Humble Tiller , although the beef is from a farm nearer to home (5 miles).
20201129_124929_resized.jpg

Roast duck breast, red cabbage and potato griddle cakes brushed with duck fat ...
ACF5C7A7-3DA1-4187-A12C-3B16F266B488.jpeg

The duck was roasted in the ‘Sputnik oven’
BB89133C-0805-42D4-BA8B-C4F52ABFF1FB.jpeg

Latest Threads