Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Thanksgiving is a done deal. Two turkeys, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, twice-baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, bacon-wrapped asparagus, broccoli, pigs in blankets, deviled eggs, rolls and gravy.

View attachment 524061
Great spread mate and good to see a bottle of Wobbly in a prime spot!

Beef skirt and kidney stew on the go...

View attachment 524141

Some kidney and mushrooms to go in later...

View attachment 524142

Making some blue cheese dumplings that someone on here mentioned to go in it, will post pics of results later tonight when its had about 7 or 8 hours cooking.
How's that stew getting on?

Expecting some good brown from this one.

Chicken leg bake
20201127_164507_resized.jpg

20201127_182301_resized.jpg

20201127_183037_resized.jpg

I like that plate. Where did you get it / the set? Looks remarkably like the British Airways 747 First Class crockery they are now selling off to make up for losses.

Either I bought a couple of settings off BA to remind me of all the times that I boarded a plane and turned left. Or, it is one of the ones we bought from the Crock Shop in Stow on The Wold, for the hog roast at our wedding reception, as it was cheaper than hiring crockery. I forget which.

Kirkz

LE
How's that stew getting on?

Expecting some good brown from this one.
The skirt beef and kidney stew with blue cheese dumplings with mash...

20201127_193352_copy_613x628.jpg

The skirt was from @Humble Tiller and was delicious and excellent in flavour, the blue cheese dumplings were amazing, thank you whoever it was for posting about them I shall definitely be having those again.

View attachment 524241

The skirt was from @Humble Tiller and was delicious and excellent in flavour, the blue cheese dumplings were amazing, thank you whoever it was for posting about them I shall definitely be having those again.
'Braunvarna' has been achieved!

Last edited:

View attachment 524241

I'd like to say that looks absolutely beautiful. I have only one problem and that is kidneys. It's not so much that I consider it the most disgusting taste but I have a puke reaction to them.

No offence is meant with regards to anyone's cooking.

Kirkz

LE
I'd like to say that looks absolutely beautiful. I have only one problem and that is kidneys. It's not so much that I consider it the most disgusting taste but I have a puke reaction to them.

No offence is meant with regards to anyone's cooking.
No offence taken, I love p!ss strainers and along with Sluggy (RIP) the chefs rules apply at my gaff.
(However much goes in only a third of it will end up being served)

Mushroom Stroganoff with champ & chives.

View attachment 524300
The yin and the yang of that meal is extraordinary.mag north also!

I know you’ve only got that ‘bowl’ but...

Im going to nick it off you,

And the recipe if you don’t mind :)

Last edited:
Sausage and veg that needed using up. Nothing pretty but it filled a hole, as the bishop said to the actress.

View attachment 524291
We’ll be having words. I think you know what about.

Just you wait until I’m awake enough to ‘hold my own’.

Tw@t :)

Nightshift in Tennessee will maybe deal with you. I’m getting min Svensk nedåt

Last edited:
My own attempt at Sausage and Egg muffin - without the disgusting slice of cheese!
A77D67D7-F1AC-4FD9-B712-F250B00BFA95.jpeg
E1D87116-6C3C-4831-B97B-8C246CF92990.jpeg

In keeping with tradition, last nights takeaway, salt and chilli chips with curry sauce, which will be reheated and made into a glorious brunch sandwich.
Brown bread of course, it's far more healthy.
thumbnail (3)3q.jpg

Kirkz

LE

Latest Threads