Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Baking day today. Bread, rolls, steak pie (leftovers again), mincemeat pastries and a first - pork pie.

Hot water crust pastry is easier to make than you might think, but quite difficult to manipulate. I started by using the bowl as a mould, ended up cooking the pie in it! Result is quite pleasing. Lunch tomorrow will be an adventure. View attachment 523633
Lunch today, Epic Pie.

Needed a
20201126_133710_resized.jpg
bit more seasoning, but not bad at all really. Which is a good job because there's plenty left!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Mason looks very purposeful - doesn't he like chicken?

He’s not stupid. He’ll wait for me to cook them before trying to steal :)

Edited to add a photo of the lucky dogs today.

Zoë in the back, Mason and Dixon in the front. The boys are litter-mates, believe it or not. Their mother must have been of dubious virtue :)

0D14C376-9414-4BD0-9A04-5002166718EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
He’s not stupid. He’ll wait for me to cook them before trying to steal :)

Edited to add a photo of the lucky dogs today.

Zoë in the back, Mason and Dixon in the front. The boys are litter-mates, believe it or not. Their mother must have been of dubious virtue :)

View attachment 523940
Mason and Dixon - easy to keep in line?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Quick and simple supper. Pork Chop traybake with vegetables and red pesto. Lovely.
2D580128-8CB6-4668-A3C1-929715438695.jpeg

Cooked is a small stretch however.......

Bought a bottle of Spanish Rose wine which was far from great.
Missus concurred so thought about tipping it down the sink.

Seemed a waste so made a raspberry jelly with it instead of water. Lobbed in a tin of mandarin oranges in juice. Not at all bad.

Bonus points as it is now one of my five a day.

So Red and blackberry, white and lemon, orange and Moscato, all to be tried.
Lockdown has a lot to answer for.

Subversively I am now considerering a small business supplying jellies and trifles for childrens parties.
Most of these young mums can't boil water so there has to be a market.

"Come along Johnny time to go home"

"F*ck off mummy."

"You horrid little boy, you sound just like your father when he's been drinking"

Kirkz

LE
All in and pasta.

20201126_195935_copy_694x651.jpg

Thanksgiving is a done deal. Two turkeys, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, twice-baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, bacon-wrapped asparagus, broccoli, pigs in blankets, deviled eggs, rolls and gravy.

948E122C-3949-4013-B0C5-0C7077BA3962.jpeg

Thanksgiving is a done deal. Two turkeys, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, twice-baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, bacon-wrapped asparagus, broccoli, pigs in blankets, deviled eggs, rolls and gravy.

View attachment 524061
A most excellent spread! Almost reminiscent of the feast depicted on Johnny Cash’s ‘Hurt’ video. I spent a good minute or so scrutinising it for compliance with The Rules and... I’m buggered if I can find anything significant.

maybe one small minor detail that perhaps needs discussing...ahem..
Adidas tracky bottoms at the dinner table?? A guest from Skem perchance? :)