Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Just for @clothears, here's todays bin finds...

20201123_155307_copy_672x557.jpg

Mostly I pick bay leaves fresh off the bush. If you dry them until they squeak then crumble roughly, pull out the twiggy bits then powder in a blender. A quarter teaspoon in stews is enough.

Kirkz

LE
Mostly I pick bay leaves fresh off the bush. If you dry them until they squeak then crumble roughly, pull out the twiggy bits then powder in a blender. A quarter teaspoon in stews is enough.
I have several people with bay trees in pots by their front doors on my post walk, I just pick a few off them as and when I need them.

Forgot to do phots. You all saw my stew the other day. We had a fry up recently so I threw in the remaining canned plum tomato bits, and we had it with rice. Meant to wazz in some paprika etc, but forgot.
Declared ‘very nice’ in the neutral terms women use. She was actually more complementary than that. Sometimes the more straightforward the meal, the more she seems to enjoy it.
Queer chaps, women.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That was phenomenal.

Should’ve added some greenery to the plate but couldn’t be arsed.

Still got enough for round two tomorrow.

DFACCB1F-354D-45E3-ACB5-305C49A18812.jpeg

That was phenomenal.

Should’ve added some greenery to the plate but couldn’t be arsed.

Still got enough for round two tomorrow.

View attachment 523088
The sign of any family meal is “noch eine runde!”.
Apologies for poor German, but I always cook with an eye for tomorrow.
There is just me and Mrs R, but you have to look to feeding your own. And I always will.

I am the same with bayleaves, just can't taste any difference.
But i recall reading somewhere that a significant percentage of the population are the same
Its like being colour blind, we just don't have the taste receptors that react to Bay.

Slow cooked beef stew. Onions caramelised, beef browned in seasoned flour then added to onions with two cans of Guinness, a couple of teaspoons of non-lumpy Branston pickle, 2 beef stock pots and a good helping of Worcestershire sauce. Simmered on lowest heat setting for ages, beef melts in mouth and it's gravy turned up to 11.

Onions (raw)
onions1.jpg

Onions (cooked)
onions2.jpg

Beef (cooked, half of)
cow.jpg

All mixed together (start of slow cooking)
stew.jpg

Final result
stew2.jpg

Slow cooked beef stew. Onions caramelised, beef browned in seasoned flour then added to onions with two cans of Guinness, a couple of teaspoons of non-lumpy Branston pickle, 2 beef stock pots and a good helping of Worcestershire sauce. Simmered on lowest heat setting for ages, beef melts in mouth and it's gravy turned up to 11.

Onions (raw)
View attachment 523496
Onions (cooked)
View attachment 523497
Beef (cooked, half of)
View attachment 523498
View attachment 523499
Final result
View attachment 523500

Is the dog otherwise OK? :)

Pallette of primary colours for the aspiring hash slinger. Anything more is reserved for 'puddin'.

Onions (raw)
View attachment 523496
Onions (cooked)
View attachment 523497
Beef (cooked, half of)
View attachment 523498
View attachment 523499
Final result
View attachment 523500
Interesting addition of Branson pickle,I take it the sandwich pickle. What does it add flavour wise ?

Well, I was going to add a sarky comment, but yours was better.:toilet:

We’re all friends here, (at least on this thread :) ), so all good!

Even @supermatelot, who has been known to try my patience on the odd occasion, as I am sure regular readers will be aware. It warms my heart that at 0108GMT as I write, he will be talking to Chardonnay on 999, who’s ever so pissed off that they won’t let her into the club, despite her being 18. And shiters :)