Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Tonight I again made Orzo with boiled ham( ham hough in the pan all afternoon for tomorrows soup ) spicy chorizo shallot peas and fresh sweetcorn and add half a scotch bonnet just to add a bit of fire to it

It was excellent again

move forward an hour , watching countryfile , when I inadvertently rubbed my ******* eyes , you guessed it scotch bonnet remnants on my hands, **** me , I am 68 years old and haven't cried like that for years

Chicken curry which will now sit for a couple of days to mature before consumption...

IMG_1204.jpeg

I hope the sprouts, who so kindly donated their tops, are bubbling away in order to be ready by Christmas Day.

They soon will be, after I remove them from the stalk and ram it up the 'arris of the little shit that was kicking a football against my flat's outside wall while I was gonking this morning, I will, of course, leave the spiky bits on the stalk for maximum pleasure.

Mine, not his.

In Preston that may be. Us non-morris dancing / northern soul afficionados in civilisation however refer to them as saucers.
@Roadster280 is likely to have things known by some as 'side plates' though - he's from Wigan,, before that- Skem.

My provenance is to Wigan as Croquet mallets are to coal mines, or Oscar Pistorius is to freedom.

That aside, I agree with @Kirkz. Plates smaller than dinner plates are generally side plates. Saucers are similarly sized, though often slightly smaller and retain a teacup.

Though given matelots’ general tendency to hoy used plates over the side, it does not surprise me in the slightest that you are floundering in the world of crockery.

They soon will be, after I remove them from the stalk and ram it up the 'arris of the little shit that was kicking a football against my flat's outside wall while I was gonking this morning, I will, of course, leave the spiky bits on the stalk for maximum pleasure.

Mine, not his.

It’s good to see you back, and on form!

I suppose it’s too much to ask that you identify said little shit as @supermatelot ? :)

It’s good to see you back, and on form!

I suppose it’s too much to ask that you identify said little shit as @supermatelot ? :)

Consider it done, I'll have it logged as a hate-crime against soldiery in general by a former nautical cove, with the wanton destruction, committed with gay abandon, of Her Majesty's side plates to be taken into consideration.

Still got a yardarm outside your house by any chance?

Consider it done, I'll have it logged as a hate-crime against soldiery in general by a former nautical cove, with the wanton destruction, committed with gay abandon, of Her Majesty's side plates to be taken into consideration.

Still got a yardarm outside your house by any chance?

‘Fraid not, but I do have some stout trees :)

Can he be described as 'strange fruit' or is that homophobic now?

That may be taking it a bit far, he is after all my mate. But I seem to recall that we established that he likes to wear his wife’s underwear a couple months ago. I can overlook that, I mean how’s a pair of silky knickers 4000 miles away going to cause me any issues? :)

Gnnnnng gnddffffffv ngffffddddd!
(no apologies to The Welsh either)

Latest Threads