Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Pritchetts is fantastic, the best shop in Salisbury. If things keep on the way they are, soon to be the only shop in Salisbury.
True. I gave you a like, but we need a sad icon!
Novichok, swiftly followed by Covid, coupled with a distant and disinterested Local Authority has not been kind to the City.

Light lunch. Not strictly cooking, granted, but if Nigella can get away with twice buttered toast on her TV programme, I’m having this! :-D
Potted Shrimp on Toast. Lovely.
964C863A-12FA-46B9-9A90-155F013816D1.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Late lunch. Cheesy Choux ring, well oval....
20201121_140625_resized.jpg

Made dauphinoise potatoes this afternoon to go with beef stew. The stew was the monster I made the other day, and there is some left. There are no potatoes left.
34535137-5F5E-43C9-97B1-7BE703B4B460.jpeg

But the stew (third time around) will be made into chilli, or something spicy...
Had a couple of Westmalle Tripels with dinner, now a glass of red (fruity yet dry and moreish)

ste14w

War Hero
I thought that I would really make an effort tonight.
So, after much deliberance, I removed last nights kebab meat mit pommes mit mayo from the fridge and carefully decanted into a roasting dish.
After preparing the microwave for precisely 2 minutes at maximum heat, the results were quite pleasing.
All I need to do now is let it stand for 20 seconds, cover it in chilli sauce and Robert is your fathers brother, as the saying goes.
thumbnail (3) b.jpg
thumbnail (3) a.jpg

Chicken breast stuffed with Feta and sundried tomatoe, ‘wrapped’ in bacon. Potatoes with garlic and Italian herbs, and sprouts ... the only veg we could get at short notice
ABFA1EAF-6526-4B78-B8C9-FFB619B65FD9.jpeg

So, after much deliberance, I removed last nights kebab meat mit pommes mit mayo from the fridge and carefully decanted into a roasting dish.
After preparing the microwave for precisely 2 minutes at maximum heat, the results were quite pleasing.
All I need to do now is let it stand for 20 seconds, cover it in chilli sauce and Robert is your fathers brother, as the saying goes.View attachment 522408View attachment 522409
Have an excellent, for harking back to the first post on this thread.

Kirkz

LE
All I need to do now is let it stand for 20 seconds, cover it in chilli sauce and Robert is your fathers brother, as the saying goes.View attachment 522408View attachment 522409
Left over take away is the breakfast of champions.

ste14w

War Hero
Left over take away is the breakfast of champions.
Friday nights Chinese reheated on Saturday morning and made into a sandwich on crusty bread.
The foundation on which Empires are built.

Mattb

LE
Salmon en croute with celeriac purée, goose-fat roast potatoes and broccoli.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
I assume it’s home grown? How do you age your beef, cryovac (sp) or dry aged?
Yes, it is home grown. The first two steers we had killed this year were both slaughtered and butchered by the abbattoir, who can only hang them for 17 days. To this end I bought 2 meat maturing fridges, and we put the topside and prime rib in them for a further 2 weeks. I use them for making bresaola as well.
I made a massive mistake with the first beast, and thought I could mature steaks in the fridges. The result was inedible, they had dried out so as to be iike shoe leather. I felt extremely guilty that an animal that I had had killed had so much of him wasted through my incompetence.
Luckily I have since found a butcher who will pick the carcass up from the abbattoir and then hang it for 30 days, which is great as it means the scope for me f$#%#ing things up is much reduced.
If you know anyone who wants two enormous, neon lit, fridges let me know.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I made do with chicken meatballs and spaghetti this evening with some tinned tomatoes.

chicken meatballs.jpg

The mistake was not also doing a decent sauce so it was a bit anaemic though lots of pepper and some parmesan improved it a bit. Chicken meatballs are a bit unusual but quite nice.

Latest Threads