Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

20201118_202913_compress28.jpg

Baked potato with cheese and beans tonight.

Rab_C

War Hero
Gyros on pita with salad & yoghurt.

(Nicked from a site mentioned by @mush_dad many moons ago).

View attachment 521566
The use of the term Gyros marks you as ex BAOR as opposed to a Cyprus veteran, or am I wrong ? (speaking as ex Cyprus where it was a kebab) Still looks great whatever it’s called, just always entertains me the way ethnic food names vary according to where you eat them.

The use of the term Gyros marks you as ex BAOR as opposed to a Cyprus veteran, or am I wrong ? (speaking as ex Cyprus where it was a kebab) Still looks great whatever it’s called, just always entertains me the way ethnic food names vary according to where you eat them.

You are of course correct - in my defence the local shop had a rather large sign advertising GYROS :)

I currently have about half a cow’s worth of stewing steak in the chest freezer.

It was destined for the pubs, but they’re obviously closed at the moment.

Did a lasagne last night.

3 hour slow cooked steak in red wine, ragu and beef stock.

View attachment 521390
Leafy garnish thing on top should be pointing NNW , that’s at 275.
Vertices well aligned though.
Excellent plate!

Michelin star hanging in the balance
;)

Slow roast. Red wine. Shallots. Bramble or red currant jelly to serve.

Chuck in a drop of balsamic vinegar, plenty of spek/lardons and fresh rosemary then slow cook at around 120-140C for seven or eight hours. Meat should pretty much fall off the bone by then. Shred/flake and put aside.

Fry some potato chunks in lard with cumin, chuck into the reduced juices and shallots, handful of peas, add the shredded meat, short pastry crust and back in the oven to make a game pie.

Kirkz

LE
Last nights tea, chili.

20201118_200605_copy_694x659.jpg

Minced Beef, courtesy of @Humble Tiller, browned off in the oven, Tom Kerridge style. Step 1 of a home made Chilli Con Carne for this weekend. More to follow.
15388BCB-4047-43AA-8032-329B9077F1A8.jpeg

Latest Threads