Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Be even better if it was grilled.
TBH, the only fried part was the eggs, the rest cooked in the oven, the term "fryup" is a general term for this kind of repast.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Kirkz

LE
TBH, the only fried part was the eggs, the rest cooked in the oven, the term "fryup" is a general term for this kind of repast.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Pretty much the same way I do mine.

I feel your pain. I honestly reckon...I use maybe only 1 out of 5 items I freeze thinking to be 'economical'.
Either I have no idea what they are when I rediscover them again or...something has ripped/container has bust anyway.
Only thing Ive had success with is curry base sauce as it looks pretty fecking obvious in the tub.

Under certain circumstances it can also look like bolognese sauce.
Don't ask me how I know that.

We had lasagne and fresh bread last night:

D14BF68F-D5AD-4F43-BE7A-1BF09118EEEB.jpeg

4CDA04D2-9D3C-450B-A1FD-36AA7C5164CE.jpeg

CCA579DC-B103-4EED-8073-BBB102041FF2.jpeg

My wife had a shitty day, and wanted me to show her bucket of wine in the photo :)

I made the mistake of having her pour the wine, so she filled my glass rather more than I usually do too.

it’s been a while since I amused myself with this little game. While the lasagne was in the oven last night, I made a hash brown/sausagemeat/onion/mushroom/cheese breakfast bake. Just divvied it up. This time I thought we’d go for the “Stanford-Binet non-verbal reasoning test”, but not quite :)

CDAD3D01-3107-4693-B1D4-2200F2A78241.jpeg

it’s been a while since I amused myself with this little game. While the lasagne was in the oven last night, I made a hash brown/sausagemeat/onion/mushroom/cheese breakfast bake. Just divvied it up. This time I thought we’d go for the “Stanford-Binet non-verbal reasoning test”, but not quite :)

View attachment 516849
Show again with plates out of formation and one missing.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Roast pheasant, Rosemary puff pastry thingamajigs, cauliflower and calabrese. Brown made of mushrooms, wine, shallots and bramble jelly.

Treacle sponge. Custard not shown.

Attachments

• 20201101_162726_resized.jpg
    20201101_162726_resized.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201101_163722_resized.jpg
    20201101_163722_resized.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201101_164305_resized.jpg
    20201101_164305_resized.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201101_170226_resized.jpg
    20201101_170226_resized.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 16
Roast pheasant, Rosemary puff pastry thingamajigs, cauliflower and calabrese. Brown made of mushrooms, wine, shallots and bramble jelly.

Treacle sponge. Custard not shown.
Shot yourself or local shoot/butcher? The pheasant not the thingamajig!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Shot yourself or local shoot/butcher? The pheasant not the thingamajig!
Local butcher sells game. £4 for two days' meals.

I got venison to casserole too!

Local butcher sells game. £4 for two days' meals.

I got venison to casserole too!
Seems harder these days to get any game from my local butcher and since my father died last year my direct connection to syndicate shot game has also gone by the wayside. Which actually means I need to make more effort!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems harder these days to get any game from my local butcher and since my father died last year my direct connection to syndicate shot game has also gone by the wayside. Which actually means I need to make more effort!
The effort is worth it. Game is tasty, healthy and cheap!