Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

With a pint of tea, a small steak and some devilled kidneys, that should do the job for one.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
How many are you catering for ?
Thats just mine, the wife had slightly smaller version, that'll be the food for the whole day along with copious pints of Stella.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

And for pudding, my first attempt at spotted dick. Served with custard of course. In Spain you can’t get Atora suet, which I’ve never cooked with anyway. So I had to use real suet give away by the local butcher (bargain!). I chopped it up as much as possible and it turned out surprising well. This was a trial run for using real suet in my Christmas pudding this year.
539881A7-79B0-43A6-9948-97E991363C72.jpeg
5AE69037-F4C7-4F2B-B9CB-B4F30C0C4F6F.jpeg

Busy with the children.... the toffee is bullet hard !
I like to think that one day I will be a proper miserable old sod and make toffee onions for anyone who comes knocking on my door ;)

I feel your pain. I honestly reckon...I use maybe only 1 out of 5 items I freeze thinking to be 'economical'.
Either I have no idea what they are when I rediscover them again or...something has ripped/container has bust anyway.
Only thing Ive had success with is curry base sauce as it looks pretty fecking obvious in the tub.
This has happened to me before. Try telling the difference between that hamburger mix you made and ordinary mince meat if you don't have any independent way of differentiating between them. I don't know what the brand is in other countries, but in Germany 'Toppits' sell freezer bags with numbers on them. When I bulk buy BBQ meat I split it up into these bags and make a note of what is in each one on my mobile. Not only do I know what is each bag, but I have a quick overview of what I actually have left. It's a bit nerdy, but works like a charm.

gefrierbeuteln.jpg

If you have the inclination, they also have an app to assist you in your stock control, with dates etc., but that seems a little over the top for me.

Kirkz

LE
Pre rugby brunch before heading down to the pub for the day, a lack of brown is made up by a cacophony of other colours. The little round potato things aren't hash browns but latkas, potato and onion cakes, far superior and tastier than hash browns (found in the foreign freezer section of Sainsburys).

Not really hungry then?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not really hungry then?
Not really, that was just to tide me over until I got down the pub, its a 20 minute walk you know, I'll have burnt off those calories.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bro....you know that phrase ' Heart attack breakfast'.......um....? :)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
You girly shirt lifting toss piece! ^~
nah, looks like a lush Full English to me ..... once a month .....but yer man has a history :)

< Pass the cubed Galia melon + apple with Rachels Ginger Yoghurt >

1604174589315.png

PS << ALLEZ LES BLEUES! >>

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
nah, looks like a lush Full English to me ..... once a month .....but yer man has a history :)

< Pass the cubed Galia melon + apple with Rachels Ginger Yoghurt >

View attachment 516664

PS >
That was the 1st fryup for months!

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
20201031_170305_resized.jpg

Chestnut risotto
20201031_190139_resized.jpg

Pork chop, sauteed potatoes, persillade
20201031_192728_resized.jpg

Dorset apple cake, vanilla ice cream
20201031_202205_resized.jpg

In support of China, their flu and Halloween!
8B5310B4-E64C-427B-A356-3FEA4A83E687.jpeg
9BC01C5A-7B17-4541-B0EE-736431AF1D0B.jpeg
63159157-295F-4ECC-8FB8-1DDC3B20512A.jpeg
8EAA5EEF-7979-4D4E-85D3-B74B3AFF3BE9.jpeg

Chicken with cashew
Mixed veg and chicken noodles
Prawn egg fried rice

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Two sausages:

FCC50C75-4C69-4120-B3EF-246143D20BC9.jpeg