Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Rab_C

LE
You make that sound like a bad thing.

I've had one of these for years - IIRC it was passed down from granda_mush
View attachment 515593
The dimples in the lid allow for the juices to drip down onto the chicken keeping it moist. I remove the lid for the last 1/2 hour and turn up the heat to brown the skin. Never had dry chicken from it
I was thinking more of other meats, where to me roasting is a dry heat process. I like pot roasts but they are not my idea of a roast meal, more a posh stew.

Kirkz

LE
You make that sound like a bad thing.

I've had one of these for years - IIRC it was passed down from granda_mush
View attachment 515593
The dimples in the lid allow for the juices to drip down onto the chicken keeping it moist. I remove the lid for the last 1/2 hour and turn up the heat to brown the skin. Never had dry chicken from it
I have two of those, a small and a large one in cream with green edges, I believe @Humble Tiller also has one.

The leftover brisket somehow seems to have shrunk between last night and this afternoon.

The last of it went into a couple of rolls with lettuce and plenty of horseradish for lunch.

lunch3.jpg

Dwarf

LE
Tried Foccacia for the first time on saturday. Plenty of onion, mushroom and sliced artichoke on top, Bloody marvelous.
More solid than a pizza and warm from the oven with stir-fry veg is something to be repeated.

Needs patience as the bread has to rise before rolling out, waitng 15 mins more and then preparing for the oven but well worth a try.

Kirkz

LE
Tried Foccacia for the first time on saturday. Plenty of onion, mushroom and sliced artichoke on top, Bloody marvelous.
More solid than a pizza and warm from the oven with stir-fry veg is something to be repeated.

Needs patience as the bread has to rise before rolling out, waitng 15 mins more and then preparing for the oven but well worth a try.
Get you and your fusion cooking.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I didn't mean it ought to be more expensive, but more that it was undervalued by many people.
The thing is, the more trendier it becomes (especially with celeb chefs), the more expensive it becomes. Monkfish is a prime example, once considerd a "poor man's scampi", now anywhere between 20 and 30 quid a kilo.

The thing is, the more trendier it becomes (especially with celeb chefs), the more expensive it becomes. Monkfish is a prime example, once considerd a "poor man's scampi", now anywhere between 20 and 30 quid a kilo.
Pollock is another one. Only 15 or so years ago it was considered inedible and thrown back if accidentally caught while fishing for mackerel. Now it's on menus all over the place, some of them not even anywhere near the sea.

Pollock is another one. Only 15 or so years ago it was considered inedible and thrown back if accidentally caught while fishing for mackerel. Now it's on menus all over the place, some of them not even anywhere near the sea.
Pollock is apparently the new cod substitute. New as in becoming widespread, Keith Floyd was talking about it being used in chip shops 30 years ago.

Doesn't have a name. Chopped up an onion, a courgette, an aubergine some tomatoes and a couple of peppers all from girlfriends mums garden.
Fried gently until soft then added two chopped up home made frikadellen.
Tasted lovely.

20201027_184922.jpg

I remember (Crikey it was 20 years ago!!!) throwing them back when out sea fishing off Cornwall.

Scary where the time goes, last time I was sea fishing must have been nigh on 40 years ago. Then again I've been in Civ Div for 14 years (after full 22) , kids are 28 and 25 and I'm rapidly approaching the big 60.

Where did it go?....

JB

Kirkz

LE
Bog de spag.

20201027_201854_copy_755x744.jpg

Scary where the time goes, last time I was sea fishing must have been nigh on 40 years ago. Then again I've been in Civ Div for 14 years (after full 22) , kids are 28 and 25 and I'm rapidly approaching the big 60.

Where did it go?....

JB
Sprog! :smile:
You’re right, time certainly flies. The problem is, I think we all stay young in our heads, it’s the rest of the body that is disconnected!
That’s why I love cooking - no need to be a racing snake in the kitchen.

Latest Threads