Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
Chicken and ham cheesey pasta thing.

20201025_201902_copy_628x637.jpg

That was the way the fecking thing came out out of the oven, the texture was fine, pie tasty enough....

JB
:D Your pastry, once you've made it and before rolling.....

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Stir-fried beef with Pak Choi

Supper.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Tonight was oxtail and all sorts of vegetables thrown together in the slow cooker and left on low all day. With a little drop of L&P it tasted great mopped up with bread, leaving enough for tomorrow.
Only I forgot to take any pics.

Tonight was oxtail and all sorts of vegetables thrown together in the slow cooker and left on low all day. With a little drop of L&P it tasted great mopped up with bread, leaving enough for tomorrow.
Only I forgot to take any pics.
Given how good it tastes, and how little there is on each animal, oxtail should command a far higher price.

Scallops, pea puree, bacon, butter sauce
20201025_183947_resized.jpg

Calves liver and bacon, garlic mash, tobacco onions, caper and raisin puree, sage salsa, port and red wine reduction
20201025_185923_resized.jpg

Lemon tart
20201025_203018_resized.jpg

Send key setting, over....

Did you delete a chunk of advice?

JB
I asked how long you'd rested it originally....the resting being before rolling.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Rumbledethumps........

I've been aware of the Scottish/ Irish versions forever, but never really had a go...... it's a sort of bubble and squeak, dozens of different recipes.

After a short hop, skip and jump, I settled on this attempt, and it came out really well.

You can do it with or without meat, I tried it as a one pot dish, but it will do well with steak, chops etc.

1 gammon steak, chunked and fried in butter.

Fry up a small leek and 4 spring onions till golden.

Shred finely a fair amount of sweetheart or other green cabbage, fry in a little butter till tender.

Just do them one after the other in the same pan, then add to a casserole dish.

Chunk about 3-4 medium spuds, and boil till not quite tender, then crush roughly, and add to the casserole.

Boil up the swede till tender, mash with butter, a little nutmeg, salt and pepper.... add.

Stir, add about 3 tbsp of milk, pat down gently, cover in foil, cook in a medium oven for 30 minutes, then take out, cover in strong grated cheddar, then finish off until melted.

I was shocked how good it tasted, especially my finicky wife's reaction........ should be excellent for fussy kids, too, becase you can't pick out individual veg, might be worth a try with cooked, chunked sausages, for the awckward buggers.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The oxtail mix warmed up well for lunch today. And the bowl mopped with the bread you can't see.

oxtail lunch.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Rumbledethumps........

I've been aware of the Scottish/ Irish versions forever, but never really had a go...... it's a sort of bubble and squeak, dozens of different recipes.

After a short hop, skip and jump, I settled on this attempt, and it came out really well.

You can do it with or without meat, I tried it as a one pot dish, but it will do well with steak, chops etc.

1 gammon steak, chunked and fried in butter.

Fry up a small leek and 4 spring onions till golden.

Shred finely a fair amount of sweetheart or other green cabbage, fry in a little butter till tender.

Just do them one after the other in the same pan, then add to a casserole dish.

Chunk about 3-4 medium spuds, and boil till not quite tender, then crush roughly, and add to the casserole.

Boil up the swede till tender, mash with butter, a little nutmeg, salt and pepper.... add.

Stir, add about 3 tbsp of milk, pat down gently, cover in foil, cook in a medium oven for 30 minutes, then take out, cover in strong grated cheddar, then finish off until melted.

I was shocked how good it tasted, especially my finicky wife's reaction........ should be excellent for fussy kids, too, becase you can't pick out individual veg, might be worth a try with cooked, chunked sausages, for the awckward buggers.
Pictures?

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

Latest Threads