Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The pie had burst a little at the side, and some of the filling had baked it into the case. I therefore left it in the case for the photo, then upended the pie and helped it out of the case with a fork. Thus there was a decimated pie mess on my plate, which was quite splendid to dip the chips in.

BTW, it's "separate" and "forkful". If only your spelling was as on the ball as your powers of observation.

I was always taught the importance of grammar and spelling when making a report of an observation. One should not detract from one's argument by the use of piss-poor English :)

I feel another Op coming on from the People's Front for Asymmetry. Perhaps on Sunday. ZUJ.
Woz it a stake and kindly pie:???:

Last night was the great collapsing cow pie disaster
IMG_20201021_201349653_resize_93.jpg

Fecking w@nk b@stard piece of sh1t....

JB

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Last night was the great collapsing cow pie disaster
View attachment 514622

Fecking w@nk b@stard piece of sh1t....

JB
Judging by the pic, you've used a deep dish, if using glass, the dish should be no more than 2" high, that way the pastry won't collapse in on itself, especially using a pastry top and bottom. Another way is to overhang the pastry at the top (don't cut to the edge of the dish). If @supermatelot tells you the angle of the dangle is all wrong, tell him to shove it up his arrse!

It tasted fine, I just annoys me that every time I make a pie it either implodes, explodes or collapses.

I hate making feckin pies, and I hate recipes that show perfect pies with glorious pastry.

Did I mention I hate making pies...

JB
How long are you resting it for and is the texture OK other than that?

Mustard, honey and maple syrup glazed ham:

Attachments

• 2020-10-24 14.35.47.jpg
    2020-10-24 14.35.47.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 21
Judging by the pic, you've used a deep dish, if using glass, the dish should be no more than 2" high, that way the pastry won't collapse in on itself, especially using a pastry top and bottom. Another way is to overhang the pastry at the top (don't cut to the edge of the dish). If @supermatelot tells you the angle of the dangle is all wrong, tell him to shove it up his arrse!

Thanks for that @Joker62 very informative, but I had to give you a funny for the @supermatelot abuse.

The dish is about 2 1/2 inches deep, if I overhang the pastry, is that about 3/4 of an inch and crimp it Cornish pasty stylee?....

JB

Thanks for that @Joker62 very informative, but I had to give you a funny for the @supermatelot abuse.

The dish is about 2 1/2 inches deep, if I overhang the pastry, is that about 3/4 of an inch and crimp it Cornish pasty stylee?....

JB
Overhang should be 12.7mm.

Kirkz

LE
It tasted fine, I just annoys me that every time I make a pie it either implodes, explodes or collapses.

I hate making feckin pies, and I hate recipes that show perfect pies with glorious pastry.

Did I mention I hate making pies...

JB
Do you own a pie funnel?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do you own a pie funnel?

That won't stop the pie from collapsing away from the sides of the dish, the pastry needs to hang over the edge of the lip of the dish, tucking it under the lip if necessary.

That won't stop the pie from collapsing away from the sides of the dish, the pastry needs to hang over the edge of the lip of the dish, tucking it under the lip if necessary.
Half an inch no less!

philc

LE
Trafalgar Dinner, normally at the club but home tonight.

Mackerel Pate

Roast Beef

Pears in syrup and brandy

French red wine, Rum, lots of followed by Master & Commander

Pics later, juggling at mo.

Early Tea tonight:

Venison Grillsteaks (Aldi, less than £2), home made oven chips and eggs.
The venison was delicious and I'd recommend giving it a shot.
Stand down those of you that live in Wales........it isn't essential item :cool:

11.JPG

12.JPG

ETA: It didn't serve two, it served me and the mutt.
Mrs Biff in Tier 3 area and I'm not, hahahahaha.

Latest Threads