Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Steak frites, roasted tomatoes, garlic butter.
20201023_185108_resized.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I was running late for lunch today after helping some old dear set up her smart tv though I think it was totally wasted on her. Anyway, I bought some bananas on the way back and found one now has to buy the whole bunch rather than the old (pre Covid) days of pulling a couple of the bunch. That meant I had a lot of bananas to get rid of. I found some Augur in the fridge so decided on a banana and cheese sandwich.

banana cheese.jpg

I still have some bananas left so I think I might try strong Cheddar or Stilton next time because it was not a raving success.

Not really cooking I know but has anyone else tried that particular mix?

I was running late for lunch today after helping some old dear set up her smart tv though I think it was totally wasted on her. Anyway, I bought some bananas on the way back and found one now has to buy the whole bunch rather than the old (pre Covid) days of pulling a couple of the bunch. That meant I had a lot of bananas to get rid of. I found some Augur in the fridge so decided on a banana and cheese sandwich.

View attachment 514549

I still have some bananas left so I think I might try strong Cheddar or Stilton next time because it was not a raving success.

No. Doubt I ever will. :(:puker:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 514549

I don't know, but I expect that tasted lovely (especially if you were starving).....

Late tea/early supper, pork sausage batch with some lightly spiced wedgy things and a glass of Merlot.
I thought ok but then the ever young Mrs B&B comes forth with a long lost jar of our home made piccalilli, dated 2018.

High on the hog, I say chaps.

View attachment 514549

Please keep us updated on the progress of your pregnancy.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

clothears

War Hero
Stop it with cheese. Everyone knows banana sandwiches are meant to have peanut butter on the bread. If living wild and free add crispy bacon.

Deviants use Nutella with bananas.

Cheese? Are you English?

Stop it with cheese. Everyone knows banana sandwiches are meant to have peanut butter on the bread. If living wild and free add crispy bacon.

Cheese? Are you English?
Banana, peanut butter and raspberry jam....in French toast....with maple syrup over the top...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Cheese? Are you English?

Banana, peanut butter and raspberry jam....in French toast....with maple syrup over the top...

Now busy making notes but I don't think I'll have enough bananas.

I'm beginning to gain an appreciation of the value of Psy Ops. I had actually plated all the vegetables together as one might expect. The carrots were all aligned, as per usual.

Then I thought "you know what? I'm gonna fvck with @supermatelot". By the simple act of pushing a few peas and a mushroom, and upending a carrot, the objective was achieved, with very small effort on my part.

It's like remote control. There I was, having a family dinner, and was able to influence the mood and emotional well-being of someone 4000 miles away simply by moving a couple vegetables. It must have taken two or three seconds. Took the photo, put them back and ate them.

The professional Psy Ops guys, one can only imagine what they get up to, if I can achieve such effect with deliberate placement of just a couple of peas, a mushroom and a carrot :)

Mention crocs if you want to snigger at the dribbling old taster of pikey frenulum lagging her frillies.

View attachment 514549

Chuck them in your curries thinly sliced for a bit of aromatic sweetness.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching Saturday Kitchen Live on the BBC.
First comment this morning was “today will be a Vegan Special (the guest Sarah Pascoe is Vegan). Straight to the off switch for me!