Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Beef supplied by @Humble Tiller , veg from the garden, beef stock and dumplings. It was lush.

Mr. GRB has been making smutty dumpling-related comments all evening!

Attachments

• 20201002_181013_resized.jpg
    20201002_181013_resized.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 21

Kirkz

LE
Pork chops and cheesy pasta.

20201002_193054_copy_674x664.jpg

Sorry chaps , no Photos , I just don't take photos in restaurants
this afternoon ,me and Lady Beagle had the good fortune to dine at Mr Nick Nairns new premises thoughtfully named "Nicks" on Henderson Street, Bridge of Allen
Starter for her was parsnip and apple soup, with a scone, and butter and goats cheese, I tried it , it was perfect
My starter, chicken and leek terrine with chutney, balsamic spots some spots on the plate of very overcooked onion pulp and very thin toasted sourdough toast ...strangely , it all worked , especially the burnt onions which was a great surprise

we both decided to have the fillet of beef medalions , (rare) dauphinoise potato and carrots and spinach with jus/sauce/ ok gravy which was very thin but exceedingly delicious... beef was perfect, potatoes perfect vegetables perfect

what Can one say other than perfection on a plate

All staff were spot on and looked like they enjoyed their work, which means lots in my book

It was a bit expensive (compared to some other restaurants in the area) , personally I give it 10 out of 10 and it was worth every penny of my ill-gotten wealth which I was forced to part with

I recommend this establishment to the collective

Kirkz

LE
Sorry chaps , no Photos , I just don't take photos in restaurants
this afternoon ,me and Lady Beagle had the good fortune to dine at Mr Nick Nairns new premises thoughtfully named "Nicks" on Henderson Street, Bridge of Allen
Starter for her was parsnip and apple soup, with a scone, and butter and goats cheese, I tried it , it was perfect
My starter, chicken and leek terrine with chutney, balsamic spots some spots on the plate of very overcooked onion pulp and very thin toasted sourdough toast ...strangely , it all worked , especially the burnt onions which was a great surprise

we both decided to have the fillet of beef medalions , (rare) dauphinoise potato and carrots and spinach with jus/sauce/ ok gravy which was very thin but exceedingly delicious... beef was perfect, potatoes perfect vegetables perfect

what Can one say other than perfection on a plate

All staff were spot on and looked like they enjoyed their work, which means lots in my book

It was a bit expensive (compared to some other restaurants in the area) , personally I give it 10 out of 10 and it was worth every penny of my ill-gotten wealth which I was forced to part with

I recommend this establishment to the collective
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/tonight-i-didnt-cook.247136/

Just sayin".
As you didn't cook anything.

I'm not allowed to make dumplings at this time of year. When the kids were younger we made disgusting looking Halloween food. I made doggy-doo dumplings in stew. They were made with usual dumpling mix but with gravy browning and dried herbs added then shaped into long poop shapes. They looked so realistic, nobody would eat them. Except me. Very tasty.

Supper for a German friend tonight. Beef rouladen, red cabbage with caraway & juniper, bread dumplings. The gravy is made from the veg & stock in which the rouladen were braised.

I’m told it was just like Oma used to make, & this is a good thing as Oma a good cook :)

A1843B47-A5F5-464A-96D5-7CF1B472210D.jpeg

CF98493C-5014-41BA-A70E-7A0329746C8B.jpeg

4D414261-9496-4688-8B37-BD04CA09A2AD.jpeg

0AEF780D-F64F-458A-8F69-79425AE120DA.jpeg

Karamoja

War Hero
Supper for a German friend tonight. Beef rouladen, red cabbage with caraway & juniper, bread dumplings. The gravy is made from the veg & stock in which the rouladen were braised.

I’m told it was just like Oma used to make, & this is a good thing as Oma a good cook :)

View attachment 509189
View attachment 509190
View attachment 509191
View attachment 509192
Very nice. I wish I could make red cabbage like my Dutch mother used to make. I should have asked how she made it but it is too late now.

View attachment 509189
View attachment 509190
View attachment 509191
View attachment 509192

Looks excellent Cap'n. Had exactly the same dish about a week ago cooked by my German girlfriends mother. Luvly jubly.

Very nice. I wish I could make red cabbage like my Dutch mother used to make. I should have asked how she made it but it is too late now.

I bought a jar of pickled red cabbage in Tesco, drained & rinsed it, added juniper berries & caraway seeds, then warmed through with a drop of water. One method I know involves cooking apples too.

Looks excellent Cap'n. Had exactly the same dish about a week ago cooked by my German girlfriends mother. Luvly jubly.

Cheers! Read about it somewhere, as my friend & I had been discussing German food & she said she liked the dumplings I keep in store thought the two would go well together with the cabbage :)

Kirkz

LE
More than the food, your contrast composition is worthy of the Tate London.
That could should be an Album cover, dude.
Breakfast At Kirkz's or Where's Captain Kirkz Dinner?

Scrambled eggs for breakfast
20201003_093420_resized.jpg

Latest Threads