Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
If the Himalayas are so old why does the salt have an expiry date ? Just a question not trying to get a bite

It's not so much the contents but the actual packaging which is more likely to deteriorate.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
To all of those hanging on @supermatelot's use of Himalayan salt, it can't be all that when it's offered at these prices:-

And since when were the Himalyas near the f'kin sea?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
It's Pakistani salt, masquerading as posh for marketing reasons, as any fule no.

Tonight was meant to be Chicken and Dumplings.

Instead I will be cooking my husband's goose. The ass just went out and bought another car. Last night at the table he mentioned looking at a Passat. I said maybe we should thing about an SUV because of winter.

I came home from work and found a Tiguan in the driveway. Do I hang, draw, and quarter him or just boil his head?

I assume you mean an iguana in the drive.
Simply throw it on a medium bar b que for a couple of hours.

If the Himalayas are so old why does the salt have an expiry date ? Just a question not trying to get a bite
I believe that expiry dates are the last time that the manufacturer can guarantee it's safe to eat. Anything after that it might well be fine but you can't sue them if you get ill eating something that's expired. Tinned food will have an expiry date of a few years but if stored without denting or rusting should be safe to eat indefinitely.

With the salt you're probably at more risk from plasticisers like BPA leaching into the salt than the salt going manky.

clothears

War Hero
Years ago I sold cars for 6 months. We had little cards, about A5 size with the details of the customer's trade in, so we could appraise it. At the top of the cards was printed "BMWW". This stood for "Brave Man Without Wife" - in other words, if it's an obviously married bloke and there's no wife, you're almost certainly wasting your time trying to flog this bloke a car, he won't pull the trigger on it without his wife's blessing.

Here we see empirical evidence of that :)

A VW Tiguan in Canadian winter? Shouldn't he have got something a bit bigger, like an Expedition or Tahoe?

Nah, he at least made sure it's got a block heater. I drive an Escape (old model, built on the Ranger chasis) and have never had a problem in the winter. The Expedition is too big and we are a Ford family. I've driven them since I bought my first car, never had a problem with them, so save your Ford jokes. The one time I deviated and bought Jeep it was a disaster, it wasn't lemon yellow but it should have been. As the dogs get older the Escape and anything bigger is too difficult for them to get into. Had to invest in a ramp for the current canine and he's not impressed with it.

I can't kill him, I'd lose half of his pension, so I'll just have to figure out how to torture him for a few months.

Nah, he at least made sure it's got a block heater. I drive an Escape (old model, built on the Ranger chasis) and have never had a problem in the winter. The Expedition is too big and we are a Ford family. I've driven them since I bought my first car, never had a problem with them, so save your Ford jokes. The one time I deviated and bought Jeep it was a disaster, it wasn't lemon yellow but it should have been. As the dogs get older the Escape and anything bigger is too difficult for them to get into. Had to invest in a ramp for the current canine and he's not impressed with it.

I can't kill him, I'd lose half of his pension, so I'll just have to figure out how to torture him for a few months.

No Ford jokes from me, we have two with a 3rd in the pipeline. Nearly 300K on one of them.

Kirkz

LE
Chicken curry and rice.

20200930_204917_copy_1008x756.jpg

Are those "real" mashed potatoes or instant? Do you like the paste like look??
Two potatoes skinned, boiled and mushed with a bit of butter at the end. I'm not at mush_dad's level but I can manage to boil potatoes.

Chicken stir fry.
AB9C0305-56FE-41B6-8009-416DB4ED7E7C.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Sausages, black pudding, egg, chips, beans and mushrooms.
20201001_201835_copy_756x1008.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Last nights tea, my boys birthday he had his with chips I took the healthy option, well with a drizzle of Stilton sauce.
We need bigger plates for next year. The wife and daughter just had sirloins.

9F763CC1-3AA8-4E0B-82E5-723914E3D9AD.jpeg

Bastards! I just ate the Hairy Bikers crab and leek pie and full as a bull but I'm still dribbling at these posts.

Latest Threads