Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Every month my wife puts a certain amount of money into a Naked Wines account which accumulates. We can either get a case of vinegary piss every month or save up and get something drinkable every quarter. After a few false starts, we have worked out what we like and order accordingly.
We have a very similar approach. There are about twenty or so wines that we buy regularly, although that list changes as the vintages improve or decline. We do take some risks, some of which work and some that don't.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve mentioned before that the missus has been dabbling with Hello Fresh.

It’s been alright, she’s gone from someone who could literally **** up beans on toast, to being able to follow basic recipes and produce something reasonably edible.

A week or two back she discovers some other company called Mindful Chef. It’s basically the same thing, just a different brand.

These companies usually do deals on your first order so we decide to give it a try. I leave the menu choices up to her.

The meals arrive today and I have a look at what she’s ordered.

Some cod stew thing that looks half decent and a.......... wait .......... what ......... the ............. ****? Is that ******* ............. no ......... it can’t be ............ ******* .......... tofu.

******* tofu.

She’s ordered some dirty vegan nonce food.

Tofu carbonara with chick pea pasta.

It took well over an hour to make and it was ******* rank.

We aren’t speaking now.

Dogs won’t even eat it.
D0B9B081-83D2-4683-9DB2-141C6BCE5D1B.jpeg

It’s been alright, she’s gone from someone who could literally **** up beans on toast, to being able to follow basic recipes and produce something reasonably edible.

A week or two back she discovers some other company called Mindful Chef. It’s basically the same thing, just a different brand.

These companies usually do deals on your first order so we decide to give it a try. I leave the menu choices up to her.

Some cod stew thing that looks half decent and a.......... wait .......... what ......... the ............. ****? Is that ******* ............. no ......... it can’t be ............ ******* .......... tofu.

******* tofu.

We aren’t speaking now.

Dogs won’t even eat it.
View attachment 508052

You're lucky you haven't been reported to the RSPCA, for even trying to feed it to the dogs, poor beasts....:smile:

JB

******* tofu.

We aren’t speaking now.

Dogs won’t even eat it.
View attachment 508052
I think we all know the old adage: "If god hadn't meant for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of delicious meat."

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

******* tofu.

We aren’t speaking now.

Dogs won’t even eat it.
View attachment 508052
With a brand name like Mindful Chef it was inevitable.

Just buy her a Mrs. Beeton - take twelve partridge should be right up your street! :) :)

clothears

War Hero
A question if I may please.

Canadian steak. Apparently available from Iceland and Farm Foods. A beef version of doner meat.

Sounds like a good basis for home made Philly cheese steak.

Anyone any experience of it?

TIA.

In the immortal words of Labatts "I am Canadian" I've never heard of anything like that. We produce some great beef in my province but doner meat???

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hate to be indelicate, but what are the big pale bits, if you hadn't said it was beef I would have guessed chicken, it can't be quorn or tofu (the horror) so I assume they are well curried mushrooms?...

JB
Chunks of spuds.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads