Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Perhaps we need to start a ‘This morning I cooked thread’ for brekkies and brunches?!
Anyhow, this morning’s effort. Tomatoes from the greenhouse (still coming!), roasted with pancetta, a couple of poached eggs on sourdough toast. A great start to the day.
FF776B34-2B5D-4125-939F-FCB5C1982FF4.jpeg

Just the poached eggs, juice and coffee.
20200926_092538_resized.jpg

Leberwurst with a drop of brandy in the mix. Spread on toast, slice of emmentaler and some chopped onion.
The cheese, onion and brandy to take away the taste of the liver then?

Further to my earlier breakfast post. Allotment tomatoes are still producing. Just picked these.
707A1098-1FA2-4C45-AC4B-38BDBADE7F30.jpeg

Milky brown cups of stuff....<shudders>

ETA:
A real koowaffi in a mans cup.
View attachment 507375
I'm happy with my morning coffee of choice, ta. Taylor's Brazilian ground coffee with a splash of milk. As others have pointed out numerous times on here, I make it for me, nobody else! :smile:

I have the cheapest instant coffee I can get and a load of UHT milk in it, that's how I like it .

I like well done steaks with no pink bits.

White bread.

Offal can fcuk off back where it came from.

Dry stringy chicken that's been in the hot cabinet for 3 days.

And pineapple on pizza.

You or any of your food Nazis won't stop me.

Kirkz

LE
I have the cheapest instant coffee I can get and a load of UHT milk in it, that's how I like it .

I like well done steaks with no pink bits.

White bread.

Offal can fcuk off back where it came from.

Dry stringy chicken that's been in the hot cabinet for 3 days.

And pineapple on pizza.

You or any of your food Nazis won't stop me.
You missed out food from bins.

The crackling alone is worthy of an excellent.
Thank you. It was indeed excellent. Slow roast for six hours. The meat fell away like pulled pork and still juicy. The veg under the meat looks a bit caramelised (apparently that’s chef speak for burnt) but this just added to the very rich gravy of which there was plenty.

i can only hope mine is as good tmw at work, massive hunk half tmw then half as pulled pork mexican wraps the shift after

I’m sure you know what your doing but what I did was a good blast at 220 for the first hour, then covered it in foil and reduced to 170 for 4.5 hrs then the last hour with the foil off at 170. In the past I’ve burnt the crackling so keep it on a low shelf in the oven. Good luck!

I’m sure you know what your doing but what I did was a good blast at 220 for the first hour, then covered it in foil and reduced to 170 for 4.5 hrs then the last hour with the foil off at 170. In the past I’ve burnt the crackling so keep it on a low shelf in the oven. Good luck!
8 on shift tomorrow fingers crossed

Latest Threads