Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Picked this pasta up at Aldi the other day and had some meatballs left over. Never heard of orecchiette pasta before so thought I'd give it a go in a cheese sauce. No particular recipe, just quartered the meatballs and chucked it in with a few veg, few spoons of mustard and melted some motteralla over it:

pasta2.JPG

I think, on the basis of this post, the small detachment of matelots sent out on a mission to ‘invade’ arrse all those years ago, can now be declared a success.

Could I politely suggest that you substitute "infiltrate this forum" for "invade arrse".

You are running the risk of pandering to the bigots who assume all matelots are raging hermers.

(They are, obviously, but there is no need to bend over backwards to ram your point home.)

Last edited:
Could I politely suggest that you substitute "infiltrate this forum" for "invade arrse".

You are running the risk of pandering to the bigots who assume all matelots are raging hermers.

(They are, obviously, but there is no need to bend over backwards forwards to ram get it rammed home.)

Shirley...

JB

Kirkz

LE

(They are, obviously, but there is no need to bend over backwards to ram your point home.)
Spoil sport!

Gyoza (Japanese potstickers); their version of ravioli.

There was quite a bit of fannying about making it, but it was Wor Little Uns birthday yesterday and she requested it. Had it with Japanese rice and a cucumber salad (also Japanese style):

Mince pork, ginger, garlic, chives, soy sauce and sesame oil:

P1011289 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Then fold them like this:

P1011297 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Then the clever bit, you fry them in oil, pour some water over them and steam them, then lift the lid and boil the water off so they fry again; they're soft on top and crispy underneath.

P1011308 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

No photo of the final product because I just banged them on top of a bowl of rice and it wasn't very pretty.

Took about 90 minutes to make and was demolished in about 10.

We're on light , non (too) spicy meals for the next week or so due to her op,

So tonight I concocted Orzo chorizo thingy...didn't infuse stock on this one , just banged the pasta in boiling water till it was cooked , used a small frying pan to cook off half an onion , garlic , diced red pepper and peas added the pasta when ready and a large handful of finely grated grana padano and mixed it together ... with a decent size tear and share garlic and tomato flatbread ..... simple , but delicious

orzo choritzo.jpg

No photo of the final product because I just banged them on top of a bowl of rice and it wasn't very pretty.
What sort of excuse is that?

Exhibit A:
veg2.jpg

Dinner tonight was a sandwich and a rather tasty barley infusion so have a picture of what I knocked up last night after a long day.

Last night’s supper. Simple Chicken Curry with basmati rice.
53611300-4DF0-4A5F-88F3-12AD556E5A33.jpeg

Is that your usual spice mix or something different?...

JB
I’m afraid it’s out of a jar - Lloyd Grossman! No faffing about, on the table in less than half an hour, which was just the job after a hard day.

I’m afraid it’s out of a jar - Lloyd Grossman! No faffing about, on the table in less than half an hour, which was just the job after a hard day.

I thought it looked different in the photie, so I thought I'd check to make sure you weren't hiding a sneaky delish curry recipe from the troops and troopesses....

;)

JB

Ah, so they BUY jam, rather than making it properly themselves? Too busy forcing their views on others to have time, I suppose.
Excellent touch of irony in that jam recipe right there...

I thought it looked different in the photie, so I thought I'd check to make sure you weren't hiding a sneaky delish curry recipe from the troops and troopesses....

;)

JB
Not at all mucker - always willing to share my recipes on here, even if occasionally they are directly from a jar or packet! :smile:
That’s what makes this one of the best threads imho - no willy waving or pointless tit for tat insults, which infects almost every other part of the site.

Skinheads on a raft (under the cheese)
20200919_092452_resized.jpg

Latest Threads