Tonight I cooked..........

Normality is slowly returning to the Roadster household. I can’t say how much of a jolt it was to be laid off the week after I got some recognition at work. I don’t do “stabbed in the back” very well at all. I should probably be on the mental health thread, but fvck it, I’m digging out. Finished my first week in the new job.

Having a beer, and made bread this afternoon:

B9E6DD94-53CE-4E99-87D4-7BB0E06A1340.jpeg

quilter

Old-Salt
Beaten to it - yes Jubbly., we had them to nibble at - inside our lift up lidded desks at school (why on earth they went out of fashion is beyond me) threepence each IIRC great shape but what the name of that shape is some bright spark on here will know..
It's a tetrahedron. Four triangles made out of two rectangles.

I wonder why the Rausing family called their company Tetra Pak.

I am sure it will come to me in time.
Thanks Tedsson, it is a very clever shape, one you don't see anywhere that I know of.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jubblies are still available in some shops, few and far between though and a lot smaller!

quilter

Old-Salt
Jubblies are still available in some shops, few and far between though and a lot smaller!
Oooooh, pray tell me whence thou hast seen these visions!! - sorry, we were acting out scenes from Macbeth the last time I had a Jubbly............................ it brought it all back sob...... :D

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oooooh, pray tell me whence thou hast seen these visions!! - sorry, we were acting out scenes from Macbeth the last time I had a Jubbly............................ it brought it all back sob...... :D
The little convenience shop across from where I work in London had them a few months ago, haven't looked for them since.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Normality is slowly returning to the Roadster household. I can’t say how much of a jolt it was to be laid off the week after I got some recognition at work. I don’t do “stabbed in the back” very well at all. I should probably be on the mental health thread, but fvck it, I’m digging out. Finished my first week in the new job.

View attachment 497144
For the beer and the bread - a Like.
For the new job stuff - a Like.
But I can't really give you a Like for being dumped in the last job.

View attachment 497144
Isolate cause and dumper then go after them once they feel safe. Revenge is never wasted, merely delayed.

I can’t say the thought hadn’t occurred to me, but in this case, I think it will be a self-resolving problem. The person that did this to me is politically naive. Their protectors at C-Level are in the 60s and will be gone within a year or two. I can then watch from the sidelines as it falls apart. The truth is, I dodged a bullet. It’s just hard to see that right now, loyalty means everything to me, but it is a two-way street, and betrayal is unforgivable. Dunno where I had that ingrained in me. In the Army maybe? :)

I can’t say the thought hadn’t occurred to me, but in this case, I think it will be a self-resolving problem. The person that did this to me is politically naive. Their protectors at C-Level are in the 60s and will be gone within a year or two. I can then watch from the sidelines as it falls apart. The truth is, I dodged a bullet. It’s just hard to see that right now, loyalty means everything to me, but it is a two-way street, and betrayal is unforgivable. Dunno where I had that ingrained in me. In the Army maybe? :)
Yes the Army. It took me a while to realise that loyalty was a two way street when I became a filthy civvy. Worked out OK in the end though. Crack on mukker and look after your own.

Make sure you rub it in properly when it happens.

Yes the Army. It took me a while to realise that loyalty was a two way street when I became a filthy civvy. Worked out OK in the end though. Crack on mukker and look after your own.
Same with me- I found one of the hardest lessons was overcoming my naivety on civvy street and realising that ultimately - colleagues and bosses will NOT have your back. I found it a very bitter pill to swallow on the few occasions those facts were realised.

Feel I ought to bring this to arrser's attention, that i'm subscribed to:

quilter

Old-Salt
The little convenience shop across from where I work in London had them a few months ago, haven't looked for them since.
You are a star: Guess what, I live on the outskirts of London.................. is there a Tube station near this unnamed little convenience shop,? Thanks in advance:D

With a bigger company internal politics and rivalry can be very tricky to navigate for the person but unless it’s big, they don't always have big financial effects on the company. Sometimes they don’t see the worth of loyalty Amongst so many staff. We try to be loyal to longer serving staff, unfortunately I have been bitten a few times. With the new generations being much more transient at work, sadly I think loyalty will become scarce.

Steak and chips with mushrooms and peppercorn sauce tonight i think. Ooh and some of that 1664..

With a bigger company internal politics and rivalry can be very tricky to navigate for the person but unless it’s big, they don't always have big financial effects on the company. Sometimes they don’t see the worth of loyalty Amongst so many staff. We try to be loyal to longer serving staff, unfortunately I have been bitten a few times. With the new generations being much more transient at work, sadly I think loyalty will become scarce.

Steak and chips with mushrooms and peppercorn sauce tonight i think. Ooh and some of that 1664..
@Roadster280 is the owner of, and has previously been issued with... a beard. I strongly suspect he has deployed the beard in this situation and suitably pulled himself through.
People who own and wear beards are notable for mainly 2 things - Their fondness for 'niche' things... often manifested by them wearing...Disney T-shirts for example- or sandals..or heaven forbid..sandals with socks (crocs also count). - @Lardbeast is a tranny aviator south of sahara who is fond of such mincing and bumfunnery - "uber Het" being a common key phrase he tries to use to deflect suspicion.
- Their resilience- Beard owners/wearers have a remarkable abilitity to ' bounce back'.

Roadster ain't gonna be on any 'concern' list anytime soon. He has an an immediate knowledge of Whitworth spanner-metric conversions / decent chippies in WIGAN and can hold his own when he's wearing his black slip-ons and white socks indulding in his favourite passtime of Northern Soul dancing.

Nothing to see hear...

*I'm well aware I've opened maybe a few battle fronts...bring it on girls!

Last edited:
Bit rich from an old queen who hangs around the dockyard gates in arseless chaps.

Ani fule no crocs are uber het and require a degree of manliness to carry off that you quite obviously lack, you little screamer you.

Bit rich from an old queen who hangs around the dockyard gates in arseless chaps.

Ani fule no crocs are uber het and require a degree of manliness to carry off that you quite obviously lack, you little screamer you.
I've seen you on pprune decrying people who long for a return to steam guages and singing the praises of eicas and other lcd magic. You were quite forthright in your comment about glass cockpits and the wonders of Garmin- if I recall. Moaned about the rudders on a DH-6 chipping your toenails to..and preferred the Dh3

Latest Threads