Tonight I cooked..........

Kirkz

LE
I’ve never tried heart, I like kidney and liver, so what’s it like this heart?
It's a big lump of meat and very tasty, if you like kidney and liver give it a go.

Met a young woman , well younger than me at work three weeks ago . Where do you come from in SA? Oh how do yo know I am from SA? Well I used to live near there. Oh it’s a place you wont know . “Where then ?”

Durban

Ah, on the beach with the shark nets,
Rickshaw boys , fresh fish and the aquarium that’s now the new hotel.

Trying to take her to a musical concert in September . If the thing is still going to happen.
The aquarium now a hotel being the greedy cnuts to whom which I refer.

Yup it was Danish milk. I seem to remember the carton was green and white.
I remember them as well - from the NAAFI in Osnabruck.

I think they were my first exposure to the Tetrapack (obviously used to daily milk bottle delivery before) and you had to fiddle about with the flaps (leave it) to make a spout. Often involved knives, scissors, swearing and blood. Lots of blood.

Edit: Thinking about it we did have prior experience of some sort of TetraPack in the UK prior to moving to Lesser Germania. There used to be pyramidal shaped things of frozen orange juice which you ripped a corner off and sucked the OJ out. Can't remember what they were called.

Last edited:
Perceives. Nectar of the gods.
Must agree, saw I think Jeremy Clarkson on a food show showing how they are gathered.He had them and was waffling on about how great they were.

Had them last year for the first time at the Cervejaria - Belem in front of the big Maritime statue in Lisbon.

Fantastic taste and texture.

I think they were my first exposure to the Tetrapack (obviously used to daily milk bottle delivery before) and you had to fiddle about with the flaps (leave it) to make a spout. Often involved knives, scissors, swearing and blood. Lots of blood.

Edit: Thinking about it we did have prior experience of some sort of TetraPack in the UK prior to moving to Lesser Germania. There used to be pyramidal shaped things of frozen orange juice which you ripped a corner off and sucked the OJ out. Can't remember what they were called.
Jubbly

Haven't been cooking for a while, a) it's ridiculously hot, and b), been on an emotional rollercoaster with the job thing. I think it's finally settling down a bit, and I thought cooking would put a bit or normality back into life.

This was a rotisserie-grilled ribeye joint. I should probably have picked out the grain direction better before carving. Served with baked spud, broccoli and glazed carrots. Glass of Moscato. No eating irons in shot because I'd just used the to cut my spud up and forgot to take a pic before doing so.

IMG_1519.JPG

A bit of late breakfast. Now where is the protein you may say. Well as I was stirring the scrambled eggs the tiniest spider came down from the ceiling above me (made me jump a bit), and plonked straight in the pan. I had stirred it in before I saw where it went. Well I have eaten worse.
C3BA818E-2A69-427A-B27F-A00ECF9F28F8.jpeg

Now, the salmon terrine I made earlier was a bit (too) large, and you can't freeze it so it had to be stripped down and the smoked salmon repurposed as firstly pan-fried frittata with spaghetti and salmon:

salmon1.jpeg

And the next evening as salmon wrapped spargel mit pommes:

salmon2.jpg

quilter

War Hero

Beaten to it - yes Jubbly., we had them to nibble at - inside our lift up lidded desks at school (why on earth they went out of fashion is beyond me) threepence each IIRC great shape but what the name of that shape is some bright spark on here will know..

Beaten to it - yes Jubbly., we had them to nibble at - inside our lift up lidded desks at school (why on earth they went out of fashion is beyond me) threepence each IIRC great shape but what the name of that shape is some bright spark on here will know..
It's a tetrahedron. Four triangles made out of two rectangles.

I wonder why the Rausing family called their company Tetra Pak.

I am sure it will come to me in time.

I agree it looks good. However, Poutine is a Canadian dish and youll find that even our English-speaking Provinces enjoy it.

Seems to be growing in popularity in Trumpistan too.
I know, I’ve had it in Alberta and Ontario, as well as Quebec. I have to say the Quebecois make a better fist of it. I’ve seen it down here too, but much less frequently, although the place I used to order it at did indeed use duck fat, per the original. Still better in MTL though.

Another dish I probably didn’t invent as I’d read about it, but came up with this for first night on holiday. Raclette cheese, mozzarella, asparagus & prosciutto-wrapped spring onions baked in puff pastry.

D97836F7-2776-4B08-8436-6C59486FD1BE.jpeg

Normality is slowly returning to the Roadster household. I can’t say how much of a jolt it was to be laid off the week after I got some recognition at work. I don’t do “stabbed in the back” very well at all. I should probably be on the mental health thread, but fvck it, I’m digging out. Finished my first week in the new job.

Having a beer, and made bread this afternoon:

B9E6DD94-53CE-4E99-87D4-7BB0E06A1340.jpeg

quilter

War Hero
It's a tetrahedron. Four triangles made out of two rectangles.

I wonder why the Rausing family called their company Tetra Pak.

I am sure it will come to me in time.
Thanks Tedsson, it is a very clever shape, one you don't see anywhere that I know of.

Latest Threads