Tonight I cooked..........

My Keurig is just for coffee. Tea is from the kettle, which isn’t as ubiquitous in the US as it is in the UK. 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning, then tea.

Burgers tonight.

View attachment 496335
Served with some fried mushrooms and salad.
View attachment 496336

McShitties I've shit em.
I know you're a bit of a purist and allround awkward fecker but can I suggest that instead of sliced cheddar, use a mix of grated cheddar and grated blue, stilton or similar, for a change.
Also, are they barm cakes? Don't get me wrong, barms are far superior to the 'burger buns' shite they sell at the supermarkets.

Kirkz

LE
I know you're a bit of a purist and allround awkward fecker but can I suggest that instead of sliced cheddar, use a mix of grated cheddar and grated blue, stilton or similar, for a change.
Also, are they barm cakes? Don't get me wrong, barms are far superior to the 'burger buns' shite they sell at the supermarkets.
I don't often have stilton in the fridge.
dunno about the buns they were just some I grabbed as I went through the shop tbh.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't often have stilton in the fridge.
dunno about the buns they were just some I grabbed as I went through the skip tbh.
FOC :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaks for itself really, beans homegrown which were very tender, however for the amount you get I think next year we will just grow more runners.

808F3FDA-5332-4BBF-9ABD-439032463BBE.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Lovely looking steak.
Thanks, from my local butcher whose shop is in the farm yard, you can see the live produce and the ready to go stuff. Very lucky to have them.

Just got home and there was some leftover rice & veg in the fridge. Fried it in ghee, as I only overwise had olive oil, added some chopped ham trim and an egg. Added madras and hot chilli powder, soy sauce and...a smidgen of pink Himalayan rock salt (hand picked by virgin Ghurka's daughters as Ive told you before).

A nice quick Singapore fried rice. Tastes pretty good.

2020-08-13 03.17.48.jpg

A simple meal, (note.. 3 sausages):

IMG_8832 (1).jpeg

Haven’t cooked anything particularly novel lately. However this Menemen (Turkish scrambled eggs) was in the last Waitrose Food magazine so gave it a bash...

B7DB6D87-B6AF-4DBB-AA27-1DFF020CE107.jpeg

I made some mushroom ketchup the other day. It is a great addition to stews and gravies and the like, and simple to do.

Put 500g of chopped mushrooms in a large saucepan.
Add 20g of sea salt, 1 crushed clove, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, a pinch of nutmeg and leave for 24 hours.
Strain the mushroom mixture through muslin.
Bring the liquid to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
Pour into a sterilised bottle.
I don't throw away the mushroom mix after bottling the ketchup, but dry them in a low oven and then grind them up. This powder is a great seasoning in itself.

It is probably way cheaper to buy the stuff in the supermarket, but that us slightly missing the point i think.

I made some mushroom ketchup the other day. It is a great addition to stews and gravies and the like, and simple to do.

Put 500g of chopped mushrooms in a large saucepan.
Add 20g of sea salt, 1 crushed clove, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, a pinch of nutmeg and leave for 24 hours.
Strain the mushroom mixture through muslin.
Bring the liquid to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
Pour into a sterilised bottle.
I don't throw away the mushroom mix after bottling the ketchup, but dry them in a low oven and then grind them up. This powder is a great seasoning in itself.

It is probably way cheaper to buy the stuff in the supermarket, but that us slightly missing the point i think.
In a similar vein I would recommend making your own breaded mushrooms.

I was making chicken goujons once and had some egg and breadcrumbs left over. I breaded a few mushroom caps and cooked them.

Lush. A bit of a taste revelation really. I had had them once or twice in restaurants but they were crap compared to home made.

Just got home and there was some leftover rice & veg in the fridge. Fried it in ghee, as I only overwise had olive oil, added some chopped ham trim and an egg. Added madras and hot chilli powder, soy sauce and...a smidgen of pink Himalayan rock salt (hand picked by virgin Ghurka's daughters as Ive told you before).

View attachment 496668
Ah, looks loverrly. fish sauce ?. It needs that monsoon drain smell and an ice cold tiger beer.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Wholemeal bread, wholemeal garlic bread ready for tea, Bara Brith waiting to go into the oven. Need more 2lb loaf tins!!!
20200813_173617_resized.jpg

Tool

LE
Only 1 effing sausage...well, two. Seffrican wors (served with mash - the shame*...) and veg. No photos of the mash and veg, as everyone knows what they look like.

*Polenta is a bit scarce at the moment, and putu almost non-existant.

Attachments

View attachment 496668
Superb. For those who cook with ghee, Lidl had this in their “middle“ bit ages ago. Months on, they have lots left. As it is canned, I can’t see how it can ever really go off.

Latest Threads