Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

I maintain there are longstanding arbiters of ...everything on this thread.
Mush dad can easilly comment on the correct display of the southern hemisphere of an artichoke for example.

@Kirkz is more northern than 12 meat pies having a shower in Bisto - Hence @Bacongrills being correctly outed as a bloke likely receptive to "yoo-hoo-ing" from Jarrod.

You may not actually realise yourself but technically...you are almost a scouser.
Oh hang on.... have you not previously tried to walt as one anyway?
I've watched "Bread"...and I kbnow what your ilk get up to.

You might own half of North America and iold the monopoly on all things bbq but... I''ve got your fecking cards marked Lofty!

You also earlier insinuated a female WO RN was quite goodb looking...when quite clearly she was fecking rats!!

I have NEVER walted as a scouser. I might have sounded like one about 35 years ago, but proper Scousers would have picked up that I was from across the water, which in any case was FVCKING CHESHIRE at the time.

As for the svelte ex-WO, as I said, the pic didn’t do her justice. She scrubbed up well in tropical mess kit. But not as well as the Lady R, so I didn’t pursue that avenue, lest either of them cut my balls off with a sharpened compo tin opener :)

Must get my own mess kit re-cut for for being 20 years older and wear it on the next cruise for a laugh. See what birds I can pull with the red jacket. It’d be carrying on the tradition, not sure I ever wore it in the mob when sober at the end, and that wouldn’t have changed :)

I have NEVER walted as a scouser. I might have sounded like one about 35 years ago, but proper Scousers would have picked up that I was from across the water, which in any case was FVCKING CHESHIRE at the time.

As for the svelte ex-WO, as I said, the pic didn’t do her justice. She scrubbed up well in tropical mess kit. But not as well as the Lady R, so I didn’t pursue that avenue, lest either of them cut my balls off with a sharpened compo tin opener :)

Must get my own mess kit re-cut for for being 20 years older and wear it on the next cruise for a laugh. See what birds I can pull with the red jacket. It’d be carrying on the tradition, not sure I ever wore it in the mob when sober at the end, and that wouldn’t have changed :)

March the thieving scouse bastard in! He's even trying to assert he has never walted as on now...without denying it.

This is a sad day for thios thread.
How the mighty have fallen.

Befehl ist befehl though and- Wigan & Scousenous has been rightfully identified and correctly challenged.

March the thieving scouse bastard in! He's even trying to assert he has never walted as on now...without denying it.

This is a sad day for thios thread.
How the mighty have fallen.

Befehl ist befehl though and- Wigan & Scousenous has been rightfully identified and correctly challenged.

What part of “I have NEVER walted as a Scouser” are you struggling with? For the avoidance of doubt, I am not, and have never been, a Scouser. Was born in Cheshire, grew up on the Wirral and became a Cheshire Yeoman. Shitty akshent as a kid, granted, but not a Scouser.

Anyway, today I sound like I’m from fvcking Blandford :)

What part of “I have NEVER walted as a Scouser” are you struggling with? For the avoidance of doubt, I am not, and have never been, a Scouser. Was born in Cheshire, grew up on the Wirral and became a Cheshire Yeoman. Shitty akshent as a kid, granted, but not a Scouser.

Anyway, today I sound like I’m from fvcking Blandford :)
Is now an appropriate time for someone who can be arsed to post a picture of a Great White Shark?

The curly-haired theiver of pensions.

And another thng....

I question what submersive methods this scally used to con some lovely yank bird into believing he knew resistor colour codes and and correct aeriel length for a 70Cm band transmitter.

I have NEVER walted as a scouser. I might have sounded like one about 35 years ago, :)

Quoted..in order to preserve in aspic an hold the thieving scouse bastard to account.

Bedtime for this callsign now...will be on Ipad so may not respond to protestaions of innocence

And another thng....

I question what submersive methods this scally used to con some lovely yank bird into believing he knew resistor colour codes and and correct aeriel length for a 70Cm band transmitter.

Scaley not scally!

I very much doubt that the Lady R knows what the resistor colour code is, and even if if she knew, I doubt she’d GAF what I knew or didn’t know of it.

70cm band? Amateurs. By definition. My closest would be the PRC344, but that ran out of freq at 399.95 MHz.

TRC-471 Radio Relay bracketed it, band 1 ended at 400MHz and band 2 didn’t pick up until 610Mhz (IIRC).

But from first principles I’d use a whip, cos it don’t get much easier than that. Need more range? Something like the 344’s helical discone that was an omni pattern, but with a little dBi bump. Directional? Yagi. At 70cm, your half-wave dipole is 35cm, obviously. So that’s your basic driven element, reflector a bit bigger and directors a bit smaller.

If you’ve actually got an “A Game”, would you mind bringing it next time? :)

Scaley not scally!

I very much doubt that the Lady R knows what the resistor colour code is, and even if if she knew, I doubt she’d GAF what I knew or didn’t know of it.

70cm band? Amateurs. By definition. My closest would be the PRC344, but that ran out of freq at 399.95 MHz.

TRC-471 Radio Relay bracketed it, band 1 ended at 400MHz and band 2 didn’t pick up until 610Mhz (IIRC).

But from first principles I’d use a whip, cos it don’t get much easier than that. Need more range? Something like the 344’s helical discone that was an omni pattern, but with a little dBi bump. Directional? Yagi. At 70cm, your half-wave dipole is 35cm, obviously. So that’s your basic driven element, reflector a bit bigger and directors a bit smaller.

If you’ve actually got an “A Game”, would you mind bringing it next time? :)
Are you speaking a mixture of Clansman, Ptarmigan and TRIFFID

Are you speaking a mixture of Clansman, Ptarmigan and TRIFFID

Clansman (344) and TRIFFID (471). Ptar used TRIFFID, but it wasn’t exclusive to Ptar. Euromux and BRUIN (TA) as examples. But most TRIFFID dets were Ptarmigan by quantity. I was only familiar with TRIFFID by association, never trained on it as a radio tech/RTG, but you know how it is. “Cpl R - go fix that”.

Why is it that 20 or 30 years on, I could pick that stuff up today and get a shot in? Haven‘t a clue about the civvy gear I was working on 10 years ago.

Certa Cito.

Dear God.... I’ve unleashed ... a beard.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Regarding the above conversation, has Wigan still got it pier:???: Or has @Roadster280
nicked it and rebuilt it on his lake, sorry shoreline:???:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Dear God.... I’ve unleashed ... a beard.

Is there likely to be a picture of food in that beard?

Or just a picture of food.

Just asking.

...She said a set of decent knives...

May one suggest a decent sharpening steel with them, along with a whetstone and a ceramic sharpening stick.

Ignore the electric rotating gimmicky sharpening crap. They destroy blades.

Last edited:
May one suggest a decent sharpening steel with them, along with a whetstone and a ceramic sharpening stick.
Why both a steel and ceramic stick? I'd have thought they did the same job of honing the blade edge back into line.

Fine grit ceramic and a soft whetstone. Used gently it puts a better edge on the blade than just a straight steel, which can be fairly coarse.

Fine grit ceramic and a soft whetstone. Used gently it puts a better edge on the blade than just a straight steel, which can be fairly coarse.
I'm thinking of investing in a couple of whetstones.

Mrs MB is worried our knives will be too sharp - I told her there is no such thing!

Perzackerly! If it's not sharp, it's just a stick.

Blunt knives are bloody dangerous. You end up sawing and hacking something and that's when you get hurt. A clean slice is much safer.

Trick is to pay attention and if someone distracts you, tell them to fuck off. Trying to be Mr Nice Guy while cutting chilis cost me the tip of my thumb. You can't answer stupid wibbling while waving a knife around your fingertips, even if it's not sharp.

Ignore the electric rotating gimmicky sharpening crap. They destroy blades.
She already has a ceramic and a double sided whetstone that I showed her how to use. She can't use a steel as she has an ASD that is triggered by metallic noise. Basically if you want to reduce her to a nervous wreck, just drop a tray of cutlery on the floor.

Cool. Old rotary aircraft engines must drive her furniture chewing menkle.

Kirkz

LE
She already has a ceramic and a double sided whetstone that I showed her how to use. She can't use a steel as she has an ASD that is triggered by metallic noise. Basically if you want to reduce her to a nervous wreck, just drop a tray of cutlery on the floor.
Have you thought of buying her a set of metal wind chimes?

Latest Threads