Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Haven’t been posting much here recently, had a rough week. Got laid off out of the blue last Thursday. Had new job verbally agreed Friday. Written offer on Monday, start new job coming Monday. Good deal, that one boxed off, but still a worrying period. Woke up yesterday with a sore eye. Was redder than a red thing. Went to eye doctor. Turns out I’ve got a viral eye infection, which can be stress induced. Well fvck me. Not only does the old job stab me in the back, but fvcks my eye up. I’m not well disposed toward them!

Anyway, I have a few days off, and made brunch this morning.

6810C056-C830-4E8A-893C-A6EA6FA024BA.jpeg

Haven’t been posting much here recently, had a rough week. Got laid off out of the blue last Thursday. Had new job verbally agreed Friday. Written offer on Monday, start new job coming Monday. Good deal, that one boxed off, but still a worrying period. Woke up yesterday with a sore eye. Was redder than a red thing. Went to eye doctor. Turns out I’ve got a viral eye infection, which can be stress induced. Well fvck me. Not only does the old job stab me in the back, but fvcks my eye up. I’m not well disposed toward them!

View attachment 494771

Good luck with the new job and I hope the cum eye gets better soon....

;)

JB

View attachment 494771
Excellent plateage there.

Do you want some "proper" bacon sending out?

Excellent plateage there.

Do you want some "proper" bacon sending out?

Thank you, yes, I’d love some, but I don’t think it’s allowed. Pretty sure meat has to be inspected on entry (and same going the other way). I can get proper bacon here, but it’s incredibly expensive in the first place, and either costs money to go the fancy food store where they have it an hour away, or mail order.

I just buy a better class of dogshit and enjoy back bacon when in UK or somewhere else that has it on the menu. Some Irish-themed bars, for example.

Kirkz

LE
Thank you, yes, I’d love some, but I don’t think it’s allowed. Pretty sure meat has to be inspected on entry (and same going the other way). I can get proper bacon here, but it’s incredibly expensive in the first place, and either costs money to go the fancy food store where they have it an hour away, or mail order.

I just buy a better class of dogshit and enjoy back bacon when in UK or somewhere else that has it on the menu. Some Irish-themed bars, for example.
Hasn't your new gaff got enough land for a pig?

Yes, I suppose it does, but I have no interest in keeping farm animals. Besides, the Mrs and kids would never let me slot it, and even if I did, they'd never eat "Little Piggy".
Give them time

Mush_lass, despite being a decent cook in her teens, went through the obligatory veggie phase when she went to Uni. After she came back from the dark side, she'd eat white meat but wouldn't cook with raw meat. Then she progressed to enjoying a fine rare steak (taking her out to some very decent restaurants helped). Now in her late 20s' she'll happily by a fresh chicken to take home and joint it to make 5 1/2 meals for the week.

I met up with her last week for dinner and with her birthday coming up soon I asked her if there was anything that she particularly wanted. She said a set of decent knives and there's a butcher's called the Ginger Pig that runs butchery courses, could I run to that?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Roadster, best wishes from here...

Yes, I suppose it does, but I have no interest in keeping farm animals. Besides, the Mrs and kids would never let me slot it, and even if I did, they'd never eat "Little Piggy".

Oh yes they would, you may have to be serupticious about it, but once they'd eaten home grown piggo they wouldn't stop...

JB

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Roadster, best wishes from here...

Cheers; eye seems like it’s on the mend, and the job thing was fixed pretty quick. It was a salutary lesson to never, ever burn bridges. I might want to burn the most recent place’s office to the ground, but not the people relationships. Because I didn’t burn those bridges at the prior place, it took just 30 minutes on the phone to get reinstated. Thank fvck :)

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 494771

Hope it all improves for you and the job's a good'un.

@Roadster280 has handed in his beard. He is no longer available for advice on Boolean logic or anything invovlving binary numbers.

He has also totally forgotten how to rig an aerial on the 27MHZ band for CB comms.

He knows a thing or 2 about BBQs and woodwork though so he still is of some use to us.

Don't forget though...despite the fact he owns and lives next to a feckin lake the size of "Wales....
He's from Wigan.

Keep your wits about you - we must be cautious.
He's on nodding terms with regulars at Mos Eisley.

Last edited:
Just to be clear @Roadster280 is ba dodgy fecker.

Tell him where you live and he'll likely nick your washing.

@roadster has handed in his beard. He is no longer available for advice on Boolean logic or anything invovlving binary numbers.

He has also totally forgotten how to rig an aerial on the 27MHZ band for CB comms.

He knows a thing or 2 about BBQs and woodwork though so he still is of some use to us.

Don't forget though...despite the fact he owns and lives next to a feckin lake the size of "Wales....
He's from Wigan.

Keep your wits about you - we must be cautious.
He's on nodding terms with regulars at Mos Eisley.

I am grateful to the honourable gentleman opposite for the opportunity to engage in banter which may well take my mind off the fvcking cvnt that stabbed me in the back my brief employment predicament.

I feel that I must point out that while I am well versed in the likely propagation characteristics at 27MHz, and have indeed operated radios capable of that frequency, I’ve never actually done a damned thing with CB. I’d go for an elevated whip at that freq, but never actually done it. What with it being a Citizens Band and me being military :)

We don’t own the lake, just a little bit of the shoreline. My mother-in-law’s house a mile away does indeed own out to the middle of the lake, but not our deed for some reason. Well I suppose we own maybe a pint glass or something of it. It’s owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority, which is a Federal agency, so I suppose we technically own a three-hundredth-millionth of it.

Someone mentioned earlier the Fermi approximation on the Lebanon thread. So let’s see. According to Wikipedia, the lake’s got 1.3348 cubic kilometers of water in it. That’s 1.3348 X 10^9 cubic meters. With a population of 300M, I make that about 4 1/2 cubic meters. Enough to fill my truck bed twice, or thereabouts.

Can I have my beard back now please? :)

I am grateful to the honourable gentleman opposite for the opportunity to engage in banter which may well take my mind off the fvcking cvnt that stabbed me in the back my brief employment predicament.

I feel that I must point out that while I am well versed in the likely propagation characteristics at 27MHz, and have indeed operated radios capable of that frequency, I’ve never actually done a damned thing with CB. I’d go for an elevated whip at that freq, but never actually done it. What with it being a Citizens Band and me being military :)

We don’t own the lake, just a little bit of the shoreline. My mother-in-law’s house a mile away does indeed own out to the middle of the lake, but not our deed for some reason. Well I suppose we own maybe a pint glass or something of it. It’s owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority, which is a Federal agency, so I suppose we technically own a three-hundredth-millionth of it.

Someone mentioned earlier the Fermi approximation on the Lebanon thread. So let’s see. According to Wikipedia, the lake’s got 1.3348 cubic kilometers of water in it. That’s 1.3348 X 10^9 cubic meters. With a population of 300M, I make that about 4 1/2 cubic meters. Enough to fill my truck bed twice, or thereabouts.

Can I have my beard back now please? :)

There is only one reply appropiate to that response. I shall deploy it.

W@nker!

He never denied being from Wigan note...

There is only one reply appropiate to that response. I shall deploy it.

W@nker!

He never denied being from Wigan note...

He did not deny being from Wigan in the same manner that he did not deny being from Mogadishu or Port Moresby. The very suggestion is ridiculous.

They don’t even play football in Mogadishu :)

He did not deny being from Wigan in the same manner that he did not deny being from Mogadishu or Port Moresby. The very suggestion is ridiculous.

They don’t even play football in Mogadishu :)

I maintain there are longstanding arbiters of ...everything on this thread.
Mush dad can easilly comment on the correct display of the southern hemisphere of an artichoke for example.

@Kirkz is more northern than 12 meat pies having a shower in Bisto - Hence @Bacongrills being correctly outed as a bloke likely receptive to "yoo-hoo-ing" from Jarrod.

You may not actually realise yourself but technically...you are almost a scouser.
Oh hang on.... have you not previously tried to walt as one anyway?
I've watched "Bread"...and I kbnow what your ilk get up to.

You might own half of North America and iold the monopoly on all things bbq but... I''ve got your fecking cards marked Lofty!

You also earlier insinuated a female WO RN was quite goodb looking...when quite clearly she was fecking rats!!

Neither, just short of cheese.

And marmalade.

I understand that, by the politics of this thread my opinions may be a bit "soft" and "left wing" but...

Personally.... I'd have you shot.

Twice.

Latest Threads