Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Having had the snip years ago I have no idea what colour mine is.
Same here, but according to the current mrs_mush it looks, smells and tastes the same.

Thing is you Southern nancy's have a gravy aversion, you may have pie and mash but then you put some abomination called liquer on it, whatever the fuck that jizz looking concoction is.
Is this a good time to open the pea fritter debate?

Kirkz

LE
Try popping into your GP and telling them “my girlfriend says my spunk tastes funny”.
You try getting to see a GP during this crisis never mind popping in.
How does your girlfriend know my spunk tastes funny?

It's starting to 'kick off' in here I see.
Think there may be a requirement for a stout chap in a clip on tie 'on the door'...
@BugsyIV

Take Two on the pork & prawn rolls. Knew I’d find a way to make them work before I have a trip to my new favourite Oriental grocer to find wonton wrappers...

View attachment 494590
View attachment 494591

Also didn’t do much cook as warm up, but these were excellent. Had I not found a recipe for the beef & quails eggs I’d have had to have persuaded my sister she needs another business trip to Seoul.

View attachment 494588View attachment 494589

Note to self, guess that Korean script says, “empty into microwaveable bowl before heating” judging but the sparks & flames when I tried doing so in the pouch...

Extra points for the correct allignment of foods there.
I heartily approve of this sort of thing!

Take Two on the pork & prawn rolls. Knew I’d find a way to make them work before I have a trip to my new favourite Oriental grocer to find wonton wrappers...

View attachment 494590
View attachment 494591

Also didn’t do much cook as warm up, but these were excellent. Had I not found a recipe for the beef & quails eggs I’d have had to have persuaded my sister she needs another business trip to Seoul.

View attachment 494588View attachment 494589

Note to self, guess that Korean script says, “empty into microwaveable bowl before heating” judging but the sparks & flames when I tried doing so in the pouch...

Cooked little gem lettuce is underrated in my view.

Lunch today, a barbecued chicken, banana and mango chutney toastie:

20200805_120341.jpg

I haven't got the recipe any more, but you have given an uncannily accurate precis of it. It was something like 3 hours at 140 deg. C. The book was called "Proper Pub Food" I think.

And even better in a pizza oven. Saturday night pizzas, get pissed around the bush TV and lob a roast with veg into the pizza oven before hitting the sack. Bank it properly overnight and it'll be falling off the bone tender by morning, costing you virtually nothing in fuel used.

Cooked little gem lettuce is underrated in my view.

Love it charred on a griddle pan. See my sauteed chorizo & baby potatoes with aioli & little gem from a couple of weeks ago. The Torygraph Saturday food section had a column about cooked lettuce various ways the other week but I seem to have inadvertently recycled it.

Latest Threads