Tonight I cooked..........

JuniorBod

War Hero
if you’re looking for inspiration I found this guys recipe (and the Vid he made, on YouTube) was a game changer for me: BASIC SOURDOUGH BREAD - THE REGULAR CHEF
I do make my own bread using yeast, having read the link you supplied I think I’ll stick with yeast.
I too make my own bread and rolls, boy the youngest, being into sourdough and smashed avocado asked me to make him a starter.
Being obedientish, I made a starter for him and me.
IMG_20191209_180502479_resize_98.jpg

Seemed to go well so made a dough...
IMG_20191215_154343892_resize_67.jpg

The sourdough is on the left after 24 hrs, right is a normal yeast dough after 2 hrs....

Being a smartarrse I thought I would make sourdough rolls....
IMG_20191215_212532397_resize_64.jpg

IMG_20191216_145608623_HDR_resize_31.jpg

What a feckin disaster, even the local birds turned their beaks up at them...

Then the boy killed his starter...

JB

Take Two on the pork & prawn rolls. Knew I’d find a way to make them work before I have a trip to my new favourite Oriental grocer to find wonton wrappers...

696C0CCE-4829-44DC-B096-11FA90EDF86B.jpeg

A48A6DEB-6FE7-4E4E-AAC4-5ECA22202520.jpeg

Also didn’t do much cook as warm up, but these were excellent. Had I not found a recipe for the beef & quails eggs I’d have had to have persuaded my sister she needs another business trip to Seoul.

0F567472-B45E-489D-96D0-993134E97B01.jpeg
E11FCAEB-8803-47BA-9F4A-F85E40F20891.jpeg

Note to self, guess that Korean script says, “empty into microwaveable bowl before heating” judging but the sparks & flames when I tried doing so in the pouch...

Kirkz

LE
K

If your **** is the colour of pie & mash liquor you should book an appointment with the pox doctor.
Having had the snip years ago I have no idea what colour mine is.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Having had the snip years ago I have no idea what colour mine is.
Same here, but according to the current mrs_mush it looks, smells and tastes the same.

Thing is you Southern nancy's have a gravy aversion, you may have pie and mash but then you put some abomination called liquer on it, whatever the fuck that jizz looking concoction is.
Is this a good time to open the pea fritter debate?

Kirkz

LE
Same here, but according to the current mrs_mush it looks, smells and tastes the same.
I didn't know the current mrs_mush had sucked me off.

Kirkz

LE
Try popping into your GP and telling them “my girlfriend says my spunk tastes funny”.
You try getting to see a GP during this crisis never mind popping in.
How does your girlfriend know my spunk tastes funny?

It's starting to 'kick off' in here I see.
Think there may be a requirement for a stout chap in a clip on tie 'on the door'...
@BugsyIV

Take Two on the pork & prawn rolls. Knew I’d find a way to make them work before I have a trip to my new favourite Oriental grocer to find wonton wrappers...

View attachment 494590
View attachment 494591

Also didn’t do much cook as warm up, but these were excellent. Had I not found a recipe for the beef & quails eggs I’d have had to have persuaded my sister she needs another business trip to Seoul.

View attachment 494588View attachment 494589

Note to self, guess that Korean script says, “empty into microwaveable bowl before heating” judging but the sparks & flames when I tried doing so in the pouch...
Extra points for the correct allignment of foods there.
I heartily approve of this sort of thing!

View attachment 494590
View attachment 494591

View attachment 494588View attachment 494589

Cooked little gem lettuce is underrated in my view.

Lunch today, a barbecued chicken, banana and mango chutney toastie:

20200805_120341.jpg

Latest Threads