Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I cooked..........

Donny

ADC
I agree but - if you remember...several months ago I made some form of sourdough effort and...my mrs remembered it and click click click on the internet...

My surprise today.
Ah yes, I do - so good luck this time round.

if you’re looking for inspiration I found this guys recipe (and the Vid he made, on YouTube) was a game changer for me: BASIC SOURDOUGH BREAD - THE REGULAR CHEF

He explains everything really well and although I’d been following the same basic recipe, from Chad Robertson’s ‘Tartine’ book, it all became simpler with his explanations. Definitely worth a look.

Kirkz

LE
You lot are not happy unless there's a faggot on your table.
Thing is you Southern nancy's have a gravy aversion, you may have pie and mash but then you put some abomination called liquer on it, whatever the fuck that jizz looking concoction is.

Thing is you Southern nancy's have a gravy aversion, you may have pie and mash but then you put some abomination called liquer on it, whatever the fuck that jizz looking concoction is.
Pie and liquor is something for those London types. The rest of us southern shandy drinking types like gravy, thank you very much.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm a softy southerner now resident in Yorkshire (thus increasing the average IQ of the county by 23 points. Had I moved slightly west of Leeds I would have upped the local IQ by 78 points - you know who you are).

Following the lead of my fellow countyman @jarrod248 I started doing roast spuds with casseroles a few years ago. Great combination, for which I thanked him.

It never really dawned on me before as it seemed slightly perverse. It's not.

Thinking about it I have been doing it for years really as I quite like dunking chips (linear roast potatoes) in steak pies, but never really thought of it that way.

K's short rib'n'chips look lush.
You can par boil the spuds, have pan washed and do spuds in oven later, somehow seems easier.

Sauté new potatoes , turkey breast in cream sauce with some monster tasty ‘shrooms - delish it was !
7CC5FE5D-EE13-4CB0-80AA-E021754E31D7.jpeg

Rab_C

War Hero
I
Ah yes, I do - so good luck this time round.

if you’re looking for inspiration I found this guys recipe (and the Vid he made, on YouTube) was a game changer for me: BASIC SOURDOUGH BREAD - THE REGULAR CHEF

He explains everything really well and although I’d been following the same basic recipe, from Chad Robertson’s ‘Tartine’ book, it all became simpler with his explanations. Definitely worth a look.
I do make my own bread using yeast, having read the link you supplied I think I’ll stick with yeast. It appears far too time consuming for me and sourdough will remain an occasional treat from the local bakery.

I do make my own bread using yeast, having read the link you supplied I think I’ll stick with yeast.

I too make my own bread and rolls, boy the youngest, being into sourdough and smashed avocado asked me to make him a starter.
Being obedientish, I made a starter for him and me.
IMG_20191209_180502479_resize_98.jpg

Seemed to go well so made a dough...
IMG_20191215_154343892_resize_67.jpg

The sourdough is on the left after 24 hrs, right is a normal yeast dough after 2 hrs....

Being a smartarrse I thought I would make sourdough rolls....
IMG_20191215_212532397_resize_64.jpg

IMG_20191216_145608623_HDR_resize_31.jpg

What a feckin disaster, even the local birds turned their beaks up at them...

Then the boy killed his starter...

JB

Take Two on the pork & prawn rolls. Knew I’d find a way to make them work before I have a trip to my new favourite Oriental grocer to find wonton wrappers...

696C0CCE-4829-44DC-B096-11FA90EDF86B.jpeg

A48A6DEB-6FE7-4E4E-AAC4-5ECA22202520.jpeg

Also didn’t do much cook as warm up, but these were excellent. Had I not found a recipe for the beef & quails eggs I’d have had to have persuaded my sister she needs another business trip to Seoul.

0F567472-B45E-489D-96D0-993134E97B01.jpeg
E11FCAEB-8803-47BA-9F4A-F85E40F20891.jpeg

Note to self, guess that Korean script says, “empty into microwaveable bowl before heating” judging but the sparks & flames when I tried doing so in the pouch...

Kirkz

LE
K

If your **** is the colour of pie & mash liquor you should book an appointment with the pox doctor.
Having had the snip years ago I have no idea what colour mine is.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer